[JPL] PLAYLIST: WBCX 89.1 FM Cafe Jazz Sept 1,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 7 15:51:49 EDT 2008

Playlist for Café Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 1,2008

Part of our " Melodic Monday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Café Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 8PM

Playlist for Sep 1, 2008

Hour 1

MEGAN BIRDSALL - "Little Jazz Bird" - Little Jazz Bird - (indep)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "You Turned the Tables On Me" - Love Letters From Ella - (Concord)

SANDY KASTEL - "Don't Rain On My Parade" - This Time Around - (Silk and Satin)

ANNE PHILLIPS - "Embraceable You" - Ballet Time - (indep)

GINGER AND SCOTT - "Pardon Me While I Fall In Love" - Dreamsville - (indep)

BETTY BUCKLEY - "Anyone Can Whistle" - Quintesscence - (Playbill)

SARAH VAUGHAN - "Lullaby of Birdland" - unknown

MICHAEL BUBLE - "How Sweet It Is" - Jazz Vocalists Hear and Now - (Concord)

KELLY HARLAND - "All the Things You Are" - Long Ago and Far Away - (Origin)

LAVERNE BUTLER - "Just One Of Those Things" - A Foolish Thing to Do - (Maxjazz)

ERIC BYRD TRIO w/LEA GILMORE - "Watch Them Dogs" - Brother Ray - (indep)

ETTA JAMES - "Trust In Me" - At Last - (Chess)

Hour 2

AL JARREAU AND GEORGE BENSON W/JILL SCOTT - "God Bless the Child" - Givin it Up - (Concord)

ELLA FITZGERALD - "The One I Love" - Love Letters From Ella - (Concord)

ELLI FORDYCE - "Wouldn't It Be Loverly" - Something Still Cool - (indep)

ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY - "Moondance" - Slow - (Shanachie)

GORDON GOODWIN'S BIG PHAT BAND W/DIANNE REEVES - "Too Close For Comfort" - The Phat Pack - (Immergent)

ANNIE SELLICK - "Comes Love" - Stardust On My Sleeve - (indep)

JANE MONHEIT - "Like a Lover" - Surrender - (Concord)

JANET METZGER - "West Coast Blues" - Small Day Tomorrow - (indep)

SERGIO MENDES AND BRASIL'66 - "The Look of Love" - Turn Around - (A&M)
DIANA KRALL - "Exactly Like You" - From This Moment On - (Verve)

NNENNA FREELON - "Better Than Anything" - Concord 30th Anniversary - (Concord)

MICHAEL FRANKS - "Under the Sun" - Rendezvous in Rio - (Koch)

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Café Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM