[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 9-7-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 00:38:03 EDT 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm

1) Kenny Barron-Speed Trap (The Traveler)
2) Carlos Franzetti-Taxi Driver (Film Noir)
3) Joe Lovano-Emperor Jones (Symphonica)
4) Danilo Perez-Across The Crystal Sea (Across The Crystal Sea)

Mystery Musician Quiz: saxophonist Arne Domnerus [died Sept. 9]
5) Arne Domnerus-Checkered Hat (Easy Going)
6) Arne Domnerus-Mobil (Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol. 10)
7) Arne Domnerus w/Leif Strand-Intermezzo (Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol. 10)
8) Arne Domnerus-Fjariln Vingad syns pa Haga (What Kind of Fool Am I)
9) Arne Domnerus-Rund Funk (Jump For Joy)
10) Arne Domnerus-Mox Nix (Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol. 9)
11) Arne Domnerus-Topsy Turvy (Svensk Jazzhistoria Vol. 8)

Happy Birthday Sonny Rollins (a trio of trios)
12) Sonny Rollins-There Will Never Be Another You (1959 Stockholm)
13) Sonny Rollins-We Kiss In The Shadow (East Broadway Run Down)
14) Sonny Rollins-Way Out West (Way Out West)

More New Releases
15) Kate McGarry-You Don't Have To Cry (If Less Is More)
16) Paul Motian-Till We Meet Again (Village Vanguard Vol. 2)
17) Robin McKelle-Comes Love (Modern Antique)
18) Peter Yellin-Four In One How Long Has This Been Going On?
19) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com