[JPL] WCLV Jazz for 9/7

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Sep 8 09:33:11 EDT 2008

Here’s what aired this weekend on Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid (Elli Fordyce interview)

Elli Fordyce    Wouldn’t it be Loverly?   Something Still Cool
Fordyce

Elli Fordyce   Love is Here to Stay                             “
“

Chet Baker     My Heart Stood Still      CB Plays for Lovers
Riverside

Elli Fordyce   My Heart Stood Still      (advance copy)
Fordyce

Elli Fordyce         Something Cool         Something Still Cool
Fordyce

Chris Connor        But Not For Me             Warm Cool
32 Jazz

Mark Murphy         Desafinado                    Songbook
32 Jazz

Elli Fordyce       One Note Samba         Something Still Cool
Fordyce

1:00AM

Chip White               Mr. P. C. (poem)        Double Dedication
Dark Colors

Chip White            Mr. P. C. ‘s Blues                  “
“

John Coltrane-Kenny Burrell    Big Paul          Interplay
Prestige

Miles Davis (Red Garland Trio)   Ahmad’s Blues    Legendary         Prestige

Paul Chambers            Trane’s Strain                  Select
Mosaic

Paul Chambers    Whims of Chambers                Select
Mosaic

2:00AM

Ernie Krivda       Frankie’s on the Floor     The Art of the Trio
CIMP

Joshua Redman-Joe Lovano     Indian Song     Back East
Nonesuch

Saxophone Summit           Seraphic Light            (same)
Telarc

Joe Lovano         Alexander the Great                    Symphonica
Blue Note

Sonny Rollins        Doxy                     Complete RCA Recordings
RCA

3:00AM

Don Cherry     Remembrance      Live At Café Montmarte Vol. 2      ESP

John Coltrane-Don Cherry     Focus on Sanity    The Avant-Garde     Atlantic

Henry Grimes         For Django                  The Call
ESP

Kahil El/Zabar-Pharoah Sanders   Autumn Leaves   Ooh Live!          Katalyst

4:00AM

Stephane Furic Leibovici     Feuillage des Gestes    Jugendstil
ESP

Walt Blanton      Suite for Lulu                        Monuments
Origin

Aaron Parks       Peaceful Warrior                   Invisible Cinema
Blue Note

Greg Chako    Everybody’s Got a Name             (same)
CP

James Danderfer     Memory Loss         Accelerated Development      Cellar
Live

5:00AM

Jack Schantz   What A Friend We Have in Jesus

                                                                 The Church
Goes Jazz          Schantz

Cleveland Jazz Orchestra     ‘Round Midnight       Traditions
CJO

Frank Derrick        My Fair Lady          The Beat Goes On
Jazzed Media

Phil Norman               All Blues           Totally Live at Catalina
MAMA

David Sanborn   St. Louis Blues                 Here and Gone
Decca

Dick Hyman       Davenport Blues              Thinking of Bix
Reference

Dick Hyman          In a Mist                                 “
“

Joe Locke                 Laura                       Force of Four
Origin

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV