[JPL] A-Trane Playlist September 5th 2008 - CFRO Vancouver BC

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 02:50:58 EDT 2008

 *A-Trane Playlist September 5th 2008*

No. * Song title * * * Artist *:* Recording * * Label * Instrumental *[MAPL]

1 * Take the A-Train * * * Jon Hendricks *:* Freddie Freeloader * * Denon *No
* [----]

2 * Equinox * * * John Coltrane *:* Coltrane's Sound * * Atlantic * yes *[----]
3 * A Long Way to Go (Equinox) * * * Karin Allyson/Nancy King *:* Footprints
* * Concord * No * [----]
4 * Everybody's Boppin * * * Karin Allyson/Nancy King/Jon Hendricks
*:*Footprints
* * Concord * No * [----]

5 * You Say You Care * * * Nancy King/Steve Christofferson *:* Dreamlands *
* Stellar * No * [----]
6 * All By Myself * * * Nancy King *:* Impending Bloom * * Justice * No *[----]
7 * Zanzibar * * * Nancy King/Steve Christofferson *:* Straight Into Your
Heart * * Mons * No * [----]

8 * I thought About You * * * Kate Hammett-Vaughan/Bill Coon
*:*Imagination: Live at the Cellar
* * KateHV * No * [-AP-]
9 * Bill * * * Kate Hammett-Vaughan/Bill Coon *:* Imagination: Live at the
Cellar * * KateHV * No * [-AP-]

10 * Swingin' Til The Girls Come Home * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross *:* The
Swingers * * Pacific Jazz * No * [----]
11 * Going to Chicago Blues * * * Lambert Hendricks & Ross/Joe
Williams *:*Sing Along with Basie
* * Roulette * No * [----]
12 * Cloudburst * * * Lambert Hendricks & Bavane *:* Live at Newport * * RCA
* No * [----]

13 * Bluesette * * * Kate Hammett-Vaughan/Bill Coon *:* Imagination: Live at
the Cellar * * KateHV * yes * [-AP-]
14 * Take Me to the River * * * Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet *:* Cien Noches *
* Nardis Music * yes * [----]

15 * Polka Dots & Moon Beams * * * Ian McDougall *:* Nights in
Vancouver * *Cellar Live
* yes * [MAP-]
16 * Mc Not Mac and 2 Ls * * * Ian McDougall *:* Nights in Vancouver *
*Cellar Live
* yes * [MAP-]

17 * Dance of the Global Village * * * Mike Nock *:* Dark & Curious *
*Australian Broadcasting Corp.
* yes * [----]
18 * Peaceful Warrior * * * Aaron Parks *:* Invisible Cinema * * Blue Note *yes
* [----]
19 * High Wall * * * High Wall - Real Life Film Noir *:* Larry Vuckovitch *
* Tetrachord * yes * [----]

20 * Marie My Dear/Travelling Somewhere * * * Chris McGregor *:* Very Urgent
* * Fledg'ling * yes * [----]

21 * Dolphin Dance * * * Bruno Hubert Trio *:* Live at the Cellar * * Cellar
Live * yes * [MAP-]
22 * Mariuleina * * * Fiamma Fumana/Mondine di Novi Choir *:* Onda * *Omnium
* No * [----]
23 * Beyond * * * Gato Libre w. Satoko Fujii *:* Kuro * * Libra * yes *[----]

As promised, Kate Hammett-Vaughan was my guest in the studio for the first
half of the show. We ended up talking about her fall residency at the
Cellar, the upcoming tribute to Lambert, Hendricks and Ross on September
10th (http://vancouverjazz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2897) and Nancy
King/Steve Christofferson's following weekend on the 12th/13th (
http://vancouverjazz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2898). Also managed to
feature a few tracks from Kate's recently released duet CD with guitarist
Bill Coon. Fortunately, we remained empowered (and had fun) all the way
through.

Recent releases from Ben Sidran (on Hammond B3!), Aaron Parks (a pianist
with a touch and sensibility that reminds me of Ethan Iverson) and Bruno
Hubert. Also an extended piece from the ongoing feature of Chris McGregor
recordings on Fledg'ling. I've had phone calls about these every week,
they're available in Canada from Verge Distribution (
http://www.vergemusic.com).

Other nods to upcoming shows, Fiamma Fumana with the Mondine di Novi Choir
(Oct 1st, see http://caravanworld.homestead.com/), Satoko Fujii (CJBS
upcoming) and Ian McDougall (last Saturday at the Cellar).

Stay in tune ... Nou

__________________

Posted to:
  http://vancouverjazz.com/forums