[JPL] Jazz with Don Gordon - KIPO - Honolulu - 9/8/08

Don Gordon dongordon at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 06:25:35 EDT 2008

Jazz with Don Gordon
KIPO - Honolulu - Monday September 8, 2008
8:00pm - Midnight
Don Gordon
KIPO
738 Keheka Street
Honolulu, HI 96814
www.dongordon.net

8:00pm
*Joe Magnarelli - Persistence - Soul Sister - (Reservoir)
Art Blakey - A Night In Tunisia - A Night In Tunisia - (Blue Note)
John Beasley - Letter To Herbie - Bedtime Voyage - (Resonance)
Clare Fischer - Lembranças - Fina - (Concord)
Gary Matsumoto - Days Ahead - Generations - (SP)
Mark Sherman - Live @ The Bird's Eye - Hardship - (Miles High)
9:00pm
*Vanguard Jazz Orchestra - Monday Night Live - Mean What You Say - (Planet Arts)
Helio Alves - Trios - Bolivia - (Reservoir)
*Steve Turre - Rainbow People - Search For Peace - (High Note)
*John Pizzarelli - With A Song In My Heart - It's Easy To Remember - (Telarc)
*Bob Mintzer - Swing Out - Swangalong - (MCG)
*Dan Skea - Carpenter Road - Blue Bossa - (KSM)
Lynne Arriale - Melody - But Beautiful - (TCOB)
Four Freshmen - 5 Trombones - Love Is Just Around The Corner - (Capitol)
10:00pm
Leslie Drayton - By Request - May I? - (New Perspective)
*Ted Nash - The Mancini Project - Breakfast At Tiffany's - (Palmetto)
*Steve Allee - Dragonfly - Conversation With Bill - (Owl)
*Mike LeDonne - Five Live - You And I - (Savant)
*Joe Gilman - View So Tender: Wonder Revisited - You And I - (Capri)
Paquito D'Rivera - "Who's Smoking?!" - Who's Smoking - (Candid)
*Organissimo - Groovadelphia - Bleecker - (Big "O")
11:00pm
Bob Brookmeyer - Waltzing With Zoe - Waltzing With Zoe - (RN)
Joe Romano - This Is The Moment - This Is The Moment - (JR)
*Brazilian Trio - Forests - Forests - (Zoho)
Charles Earland - Charlie's Greatest Hits - More Today Than Yesterday - (Prestige)
*Jeff Barone - Open Up - Here's That Rainy Day - (Jazzed Media)
*Ahmad Jamal - It's Magic - Arabesque - (Dreyfus)

*Recent release