[JPL] Jazz in France

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:22:16 EDT 2008

Jae,

You might want to look for the following: Making Jazz French: Music And Modern Life In Interwar Paris by Jeffrey H. Jackson, (Duke University Press, 2003)

Also, Phillipe Baudoin wrote a good, concise sidebar called Le Jazz Hot: Jazz in Paris Between The World Wars found in the book Jazz: The first Century.

You could also read some of the criticism of Charles Delauney, Hughes Pannassie and Mike Zwerin.

Larry