[JPL] Jazz in France

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Fri Sep 12 11:50:54 EDT 2008

Very interesting stuff Eric...

It must be pretty cool to have a statue of your likeness in another
country next to a jazz museum.  That's Respect with a captital R!
Wynton has to be thrilled about that.....

An addendum to your James Reese Europe story....
While in France the 369th Hellfighter's Unit under the direction of
James Reese Europe played the French National Anthem with jazz
embellishments.  Most of the French audience didn't realize it right off
but after a while it began to click in as to what Europe and his band
were doing and they were given a rousing applause and total acceptance.
In light of what happened to Rene Marie this summer, it does give me
pause......

Aloha and YES, the light is ON!

Bobby Jackson