[JPL] Brad Scaggs or Boz Stone?

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Sat Sep 13 12:23:22 EDT 2008

Hmmm...I still think Brad is cuter!

;~}

Peace,
Claudia
KSDS Jazz 88.3, San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com on behalf of mfa - jazz radio
promotion & publicity
Sent: Sat 9/13/2008 7:24 AM
To: Jazzweek
Subject: [JPL] Brad Scaggs or Boz Stone?

This week's sponsor:  Resonance Records

GOING FOR ADDS NOW:

Resonance Records has re-serviced MIKE GARSON's CONVERSATIONS WITH MY FAMILY
[ ****1/2 Downbeat '' A glowing achievement''] stickered with some fine jazz
tracks. This is our first official solicitation for adds (due to  Reference
Recordings having a title out in the spring which we did not want to create
any conflict with).   GARSON is a piano and keyboard wizard, who has worked
with Stan Getz, Stanley Clarke, his band Freeflight and many others. There
are some gorgeous tracks ready for airplay.  As a bonus, the DVD features
Peter Erskine and the sadly, late great LA bass player, Dave Carpenter + a
preview of Resonance artist Lori Bell on flute.

Resonance has just released Pittsburgh native CATHY ROCCO's debut YOU'RE
GONNA HEAR FROM ME. Check out her take on ''Autumn Leaves'', ''Come Rain or
Shine'' and ''Give Me One Reason'' (with a guest turn on organ from John
Beasley).   ROCCO is not some newbie-want-to-be a-jazz-singer.  ''She is a
formidable swinger'' Will Friedwald, New York Sun, from the liner notes,
which are worth a read.  Cathy is supported by Tamir Hendelman on piano, Dave
Carpenter on bass and Vic Stevens on drums.  CATHY ROCCO has a big voice and
a keen sense of drama.

watch for:
Christian Howes with Roger Kellaway ''Heartfelt''
Toninho Horta: ''To Jobim With Love

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just got the advance of Boz Scaggs' forthcoming CD "Speak Low."

Has anyone else noticed how much Boz resembles our own Brad Stone?

Separated at birth?

___________________________

mfa - jazz radio promotion, publicity & consulting
...for the international jazz community

Mitchell Feldman Associates
2059 Heckle Street
Augusta, GA 30904 / USA
Phone:	(+1) 706.550.0263
Cell:     (+1) 303.641.4783
MitchellFeldmanAssociates at Comcast.net
www.MitchellFeldmanAssociates.com
www.TaintRadio.org