[JPL] Take 6

Lazaro Vega wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:12:01 EDT 2008

Been playing this -- with the Western Michigan University music
program close by, on the edge of our listening area, there are many
"fans" of vocal jazz in this region. They're all ga ga over Take 6.

Haven't done it yet but thinking about putting their "Windmills of
Your Mind" next to the Bergman's tune Michael Feinstein discovered and
plays on his "Sinatra Project," "The Same Hello, The Same Goodbye."

That said, the attempt to perform with Ella by Take 6 doesn't work too
well. I know what they were going for but there's no way to fully
isolate her voice from the Chick Webb Orchestra and what they're
playing seems to clash with what Take 6 is doing. Been playing just
about everything else from it, even "What's Going On."

Lazaro Vega
Blue Lake Public Radio