[JPL] Playlist: Jazz around the world, 2MBS Sydney, Australia

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 17:38:27 EDT 2008

Dear JPL friends,

this is my 5th playlist as Jazz programmer for 2MBS 102.5 FM in Sydney, Australia!

Saturday September 13th, 2008

Louis Armstrong  "Body and soul"     Jazz Masters 1           Verve

Charlie Haden    "Waltz for Ruth"    Beyond the Missouri sky  Verve
& Pat Metheny

Gato Barbieri    "Nunca mas"         Latin America 1          Impulse

Megan Birdsall   "When your lover has gone"  Little Jazz Bird     MB

Toshiko Akiyoshi "Kyo-Shu"           T.Akiyoshi Trio          Storyville

Michel Legrand   "Round midnight"    Legrand Jazz             Universal

Keith Jarrett    "My song"           My song                  ECM

Richard Bona     "Esoka"             Reverence                Sony

Court Mast       "Cat's paw"         Sausalito summer      JazzVista

Luciana Souza    "Saudade de Bahia"  Brazilian duos        Biscoito Fino

Pete Zimmer      "Search"            Chillin Live             Tippin

Mary Lowe        "Get happy"         Jazz Diva                Ambush

"Jazz around the world" is presented by 2MBS 102.5 FM every other saturday at 13:00 Sydney time (Friday at 10 pm EST). The program presents straightahead, accoustic Jazz produced everywhere around the world, both classic and new.

2MBS is one of the oldest community radio stations in Australia. It has a 50 Kw transmitter that covers a large area of New South Wales. It also streams over the internet at http://www.2mbs.com

If you are a musician, band manager or label representative and would like to send us your music for airplay consideration, please send it to:

Juan Carlos Valencia
3/85C Wigram Road
Glebe. NSW. 2037
Australia