[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 9-14-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 18:54:00 EDT 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sept. 14, 2008
3:00-6:00 pm

1) Dick Hyman-In a Mist (Thinking About Bix)
2) Idit Shner-Yellow Moon (Tuesday's Blues)
3) Danilo Perez-Across The Crystal Sea (Across The Crystal Sea)
4) Paul Motian-Till We Meet Again (Live at Vanguard Vol. 2)

5) Michael Bates-Lighthousekeeping (Clockwise)
Interview with Michael Bates Pt. 1
6) Michael Bates-The Russian School (Clockwise)
Interview with Michael Bates Pt. 2
7) Michael Bates-Damasa (Clockwise)

8) Aaron Parks-Travelers
9) Bill Stewart-Opening Portals

R.I.P. Bheki Mseleku [died Sept. 8]
10) Bheki Mseleku-Yukani (Timelessness)
11) Bheki Mseleku-Imbali (Africa Straight Ahead)
12) Winston Ngozi-Yakhal' Inkomo (Freedom Blues: Jazz Under Apartheid)
13) Marcus Wyatt-Owed To Bishop (Gathering)
14) Dollar Brand-The Homecoming Song (Live at Montreux)

15) Oleg Kireyev [in town this week]-Secret Love (Song For Sonny)
16) Kate McGarry-You Don't Have To Cry (If Less is More...)
17) Carlos Franzetti-I Want To Live (Film Noir)
18) Joe Locke-Like Joe (Force of Four)
19) Bobby Previte-I'd Advise You Not To Miss Your Train (Set the Alarm for Monday)
20) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com