[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Mon 9-15

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Sep 15 21:56:25 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to the adress below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 15, 2008

(Allyn Ferguson) Away We Go – The Beat Goes on - Frank Derrick – Jazzed
Media – JM 1035

(Cole Porter) I Love You – Intensity – Art Pepper – Contemporary –
OJCCD-387-2

(Alstone, Jack Lawrence) Symphony – Jazz Moments – George Shearing –
Capitol Jazz – 7243 8 32085 2 4

(Hammerstein, Kern) The Song Is You – So Many Stars – Ava Logan – Diva Vet
Music

(Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are – MJQ – Milt Jackson – Prestige
– OJCCD-125-2

(Ellington) Come Sunday – Duke with a Difference – Clark Terry – Riverside
– OJCCD-229-2

(Waller) Jitterbug Waltz – Notes from the Village – Anat Cohen – Anzic
Records – ANZ-1302

(Riccio) A La Cha – Bionico – Bio Ritmo – Locular Records – LR 003

(Marilyn and Alan Bergman) His Eyes, Her Eyes – An Affair to Remember –
Phil Woods – Evidence – ECD 22125-2

(Rodgers and Hart) I Wish Were in Love Again – From Broken Hearts to Blue
Skies – Suzannah McCorkle – Concord CCD-4857-2

8:01 NPR News

(Oliver Nelson) Your Last Chance – Lem’s Beat – Lem Winchester – Prestige
– OJCCD-1785-2

(Paul Carlon) The Limiter – Roots Propaganda – Paul Carlon – Deep Tone
Records – DT 004

Sunday – Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra (1924-1928) – Trans-Atlantic – TR
0011

(James P Johnson) Old Fashioned Love – Mezz Mezrow 1928-1936 – Classics –
713

(WC Handy) Yellow Dog Blues – St Louis Blues – Bessie Smitj – Naxos Blues
– 8.120691

(Roy Eldridge) Las Vegas Blues – Flying Home: The best of the Verve Years
– Illinois Jacquet – Verve – 314 521 644-2

(Corey Chritiansen) Your Way – Roll with It – Corey Christiansen – Origin
Records – 82513

(Barry Harris) High Step – Chambers’ Music – Paul Chambers – Blue Note –
CDP 7 84437 2

(Rodgers and Hart) Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered – Anita Sings the
Most – Anita O’Day - Verve – 829 577-2

9:01 NPR News

(Phineas Newborn Jr.) Theme for Basie – The Great Jazz Piano of Phineas
Newborn Jr. – Contemporary – OJCCD-388-2

(Tadd Dameron) The Tadd Walk – Goin’ to Minton’s – Fats Navarro – Savoy
Jazz – 92861-2

(Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin) I Can’t Get Started – A Night at the Village
Vanguard – Sonny Rollins – Blue Note – 7243 4 99795 2 9

(John Hicks) Naima’s Love Song – Mind Wine-The Music of John Hicks –
Savant – SCD 2096

(Joe Lovano) The Dawn of Time – Symphonica – Joe Lovano – Blue Note –
50999 2 26225 2 5

(Gillespie, Fuller) I Waited for You – Miles Davis Volume 2 – Blue Note –
7243 5 32611 2 2

(Cole Porter) Easy to Love – Patricia Barber: The Cole Porter Mix – Blue
Note – 50999 5 01468 2 6

(Andre Previn) You’re Gonna Hear from Me – The Spoiler – Stanley
Turrentine – Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 53359 2 1

(Raye, DePaul) You Don’t Know Whar Love Is – Andarta – Roy Assaf & Eddy
Khaimovich Quartet – Origin Records – 82515

(Jobim) Corcovado – Resonance – Joe Pass – Pablo – PACD-2310-968-2