[JPL] WWSP playlist week of 9/14/08

Russell Haines rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:43:34 EDT 2008

WWSP JAZZ/WORLD REPORT for week of 9/14/08

WWSP 90fm
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
11,500 Watts

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director
rfhnyc_ at hotmail.com

PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME.
4 or more spins

4 Beegie Adair – Dancing In The Dark – Green Hill
5 Kenny Barron – The Traveler – Sunnyside
4 Vadim Brunell – Always In My Heart – Self Produced
4 Brian Cullman – All Fires The Fire – Sunnyside
5 Denise Donatelli – What Lies Within – Savant
5 Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project – Concord
4 Carlos Franzetti – Film Noir – Sunnyside
5 Dick Hyman – Thinking About Bix – Reference Recordings
5 Mike LeDonne – FiveLive – Savant
5 Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra – The Scent Of Light – Spiral Subwave
4 Joe Lovano – Symphonica – Blue Note
4 Rebecca Martin – The Growing Season – Sunnyside
4 Michael Moore & Fred Hersch – This We Know – Palmetto
5 Ted Nash – The Mancini Project – Palmetto
4 David ‘Fathead’ Newman – Diamondhead – HighNote
4 Organissimo – Grooveadelphia – Big O
4 Aaron Parks – Invisible Cinema – Blue Note
5 Danilo Perez – Across The Crystal Sea – Emarcy
5 John Pizzarelli – With A Song In My Heart – Telarc
4 Vinho Do Porto Trio – Selftitled – MCG
4 David Sanborn – Here & Gone – Decca
4 Ben Sidran Hammond Quartet – Cien Noches – Nardis
4 John Stein – En counter point – Whaling City Sound
4 Bobo Stenson Trio – Cantando – ECM
5 Various – Monterey Jazz Festival – MJF/Concord
5 Various – RVG Prestige Remasters – Prestige/Concord
5 Tim Warfield – One For Shirley – Criss Cross
5 Pete Zimmer Quartet – Chillin’ Live At Jazz Factory – Tippin’ Records

2 – 3 spins

2 Froy Aagre – Countryside – Offbeat
2 Ehud Asherie – Swing Set - Positone
2 Mr. B – Joybox – Megawave
2 Tom Beckham – Rebound – Apria
2 Matt Belsante – Blame It On My Youth – Green Hill
2 Blink - The Epidemic Of Ideas – Thirsty Ear
3 Andrea Brachfeld – Into the World: A Musical Offering – Shaneye Records
2 Wolfert Brederode Quartet – Currents – ECM
2 Bill Cantrall – Axiom – Swing Up
2 Harley Card – Non-Fiction – MAP
3 Paul Carlon Octet – Roots Propaganda – Deep Tone Records
3 Pat Coil Sextet – Bird House – Liberty Hill
3 George Colligan – Runaway – Sunnyside
3 James Danderfer Group – Accelerated Development – Cellar Live
2 Dominique Di Piazza Trio – Princess Sita
3 Madeline Eastman – Can You Hear Me Now? – Mad-Kat
3 Mathias Eick – The Door – ECM
3 Bruce Eskovitz – One For Newk II – Pacific Jazz
3 Chris Greene Quartet – Soul & Science 2: Electric Boogaloo – Self Produced
3 Doug Hamilton Jazz Band – Self Titled – OA2
3 Dan Heck – Compositionality – Origin
2 Nicole Henry – The Very Thought Of You – Bannister Records
2 Lisa Hilton – Sunny Day Theory – Ruby Slippers
2 Diane Hoffman – My Little French Dancer – Self Produced
2 Kelley Johnson – Home – Sapphire
2 Ron Kalina & Jim Self – The Odd Couple – Basset Hound Records
3 Latches – Selftitled – Sunnyside
2 Leslie Lewis – Of Two Minds – Surf Cove Jazz
2 Erica Lindsay Quartet – Yes – ARC
3 Joe LoCasio – Ghosts – Blue Bamboo Music
2 Elaine Lucia – Let’s Live Again – Songflower Records
3 Joe Magnarelli – Persistence – Reservoir
3 Court Mast – Sausalito Summer – Jazz Vista
3 Kate McGarry – If Less Is More – Palmetto
3 Robin McKelle – Modern Antique – Cheap Lullaby Records
3 Bob Mintzer Big Band – Swing Out – MCG
2 Bill Moring – Spaces In Time – Owl
3 Phil Norman Tentet – “Totally” Live At Catalina Jazz Club – MAMA
2 Jamie Ousley – O Sorriso Dela – Self Produced
2 William Parker – Double Sunrise Over Neptune – AUM
2 Leonard Patton – Love, Life & Song – LMG
3 Yan Pevzner – Forward Motion – Arabesque Jazz
2 Kate Reid – Sentimental Mood – Self Produced
2 Revolutionary Snake Ensemble – Forked Tongue – Cuneiform
3 Cathy Rocco – You’re Gonna Here From Me – Resonance
3 Kelly Rossum – Family – 612 Sides
3 Jeff Siegel Quartet – Live In Europe – ARC
3 S.M.V. – Thunder – Heads Up
3 Oscar Utterstrom Quintet – Home – Right Turn Records
2 Christina Watson – A Flower Truly Blue – Right Turn Records
3 Eri Yamamoto Trio – Redwoods - AUM
2 Peter Yellin – How Long Has This Been Going On? – Jazzed Media

JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 9/14/08

Roy Assaf & Eddy Khaimovich Quartet – Andarta – Origin
Carla Bley Big Band – Appearing Nightly – Watt/ECM
Corey Christiansen – Roll With It – Origin
Anat Cohen – Notes From The Village – Anzic
Dan Cray Trio – Over Here Over Heard – Crawdad
Frank Derrick – The Beat Goes On – Jazzed Media
Gerry Eastman Quintet – Brown Skin Gal – WMC
Fourplay – Energy – Heads Up
Kenny Garrett – Sketches Of MD – Mack Ave.
John Hicks Legacy Band – Mind Wine – Savant
Toni Jannotta – Is It Magic? – Aerie
Steve Million – Remembering The Way Home – Origin
Harvie S – Now Was The Time – Savant
Idit Shner – Tuesday’s Blues – OA2
Take 6 – The Standard – Heads Up

WORLD MUSIC PLUS

*** =  Adds this week       W = World

W 4 Afrissippi Alliance – Selftitled – Hill Country Records
W 4 Issa Bagayogo – Mali Koura – Six Degrees
W 3 Bajofundo – Mardulce - Decca
W 5 Chiwoniso – Rebel Woman - Cumbancha
W 3 Kasai Allstars – In The 7th Moon…. – Crammed Discs
W 3 Mofongo – Tumbao – AGO
W 3 Youssou  N’Dour  - Rokku Mi Rokka – Nonesuch
W 3 Lee “Scratch” Perry – Repentance – Narnack Records
W 5 Various – Acoustic Arabia - Putumayo
W 3 Various – Acoustic France - Putumayo
W 5 Various – Calypsoul 70 - Strut

PLUS

2 Jeremy Beck – Never Final, Never Gone - Innova
3 Garaj Mahal – Woot - OWL
2 Ann Licater – Following The Call – Cul De Sac Mystic
2 Nicola Melville – Melville’s Dozen - Innova
3 Ok/Ok – Eating Mantis - RKM
3 Alan Pasqua – The Antisocial Club - Cryptogramophone
3 Matt Ulerys Loom – Music Box Ballerina – Woolgathering Records
*** Vassilis Tsabropoulos – Melos - ECM
3 27th & Grand – Selftitled – edi
****Savina Yannatou – Primavera En Salonico - ECM

THE NEXT ADD DATE FOR WWSP is 9/21.  I will have space for 11 Jazz discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support of WWSP  90fm.  Russ
Russell HainesJazz/World Music DirectorWWSP 90fm1608 Reserve StreetStevens Point, WI. 54481