[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday September 16

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 16 21:53:04 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM archived at ideastations.org/radio. Please
direct cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 16, 2008

(Tristano) 317 E 32nd – Intuition Disc Four: Lennie’s Pennies – Lennie
Tristano – Proper – 1356

(Gershwin, Weill) This Is New – Trio, Quartet, Quintet – Kenny Drew -
Riverside – OJCCD-6007-2

(Cole Porter) I Love You – Doug Hamilton Jazz Band – OA2 Records – 22045

(Jose Maria Vitier) Fugado y Son Nocturno – Jane Bunnett and the Cuban
Masters – World Pacific – CDP 7243 8 32695 2 5

(Hubbard) Thermo – Caravan – Art Blakey Jazz Messengers – Riverside –
OJCCD-038-2

(Alan and Marilyn Bergman and Dave Grusin) The Trouble with Hello is
Goodbye – Funky Gene’s – Gene Harris – Concord – CCD-4609

(Richard Bona) Te Dikalo – Bona Makes You Sweat – Richard Bona - Decca
Records – B0011530-02

(Horace Silver) Silver Treads Among My Soul – Song My Father – Horace
Silver - Blue Note – 7243 4 99002 2 6

8:01 NPR News

(Jimmy Heath) Nice People – The Thumper – Jimmy Heath – Riverside –
OJCCD-1828-2

(Harvie S) Take Your Time – Now Was the Time – Harvie S – Savant – SCD
2092

(Oscar Brown Jr.) Watermelon Man – Sin & Soul – Oscar Brown Jr. –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 64994

(James Bodewalt Lampe) Creole Bells – Delta Bound – Evan Christopher
Featuring Dick Hyman – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19325

(W.B. Johnson) You Won’t Let Me Go – Fine Brown Frame – Ruth Brown –
Capitol Jazz – CDP 0777 7 81200 2 5

(Richard Carpenter) Walkin’ – Miles Davis In Person Friday and Satuday
Nights at the Blackhawk, Complete – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 87100

(Wayne Shorter) Face of the Deep – The All Seeing Eye – Wayne Shorter –
Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 29100 2 2

(Woody Shaw) Beyond All Limits – Unity – Larry Young – Blue Note – 7243 4
97808  2 8

9:01 NPR News

(John Coltrane) Dear Lord – Dear Old Stockholm – John Coltrane – Impulse –
GRD-120

(Renaud Garcia-Fons) Entre-Continentes – Arcoluz – Renaud Garcia-Fons –
Enja/Justin Time – 3325-2

(Young, Washington) My Foolish Heart  - Gentle Jug, Volume 3 –Gene Ammons
-  Prestige – PRCD-24249-2

(Farmer) And Now – Portrait of Art Farmer – Contemporary – OJCCD-166-2

(Bob Nolan) Tumbling Tumbleweeds – The Phil Norman Tentet Live at Catalina
Jazz Club – Mama Records – 1034

(Gimbel, Laine) A Man Ain’t Supposed to Cry – A Man Ain’t Supposed to Cry
– Label M – 5705

(Count Basie, Buster Harding) Paradise Squat – Jazz Masters 2: Count Basie
– Verve – 314 519 819-2

(Neal Hefti) Lil’ Darlin’ – The Complete Atomic Basie – Roulette Jazz –
CDP 7243 8 28635 2 6