[JPL] programming question

Hudson, B.H. bhhudson at NCCU.EDU
Wed Sep 17 09:36:21 EDT 2008

we play tracks that are between 4-7minutes long on average during daypart with 1 break for news and 2 spot breaks. no time restrictions on tracks in the evening after 7p.
BH Hudson
WNCU-FM

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com [mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Bobby Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:00 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: Re: [JPL] programming question

This week's sponsor:  Resonance Records

GOING FOR ADDS NOW:

Resonance Records has re-serviced MIKE GARSON's CONVERSATIONS WITH MY FAMILY [ ****1/2 Downbeat '' A glowing achievement''] stickered with some fine jazz tracks. This is our first official solicitation for adds (due to  Reference Recordings having a title out in the spring which we did not want to create any conflict with).   GARSON is a piano and keyboard wizard, who has worked with Stan Getz, Stanley Clarke, his band Freeflight and many others. There are some gorgeous tracks ready for airplay.  As a bonus, the DVD features Peter Erskine and the sadly, late great LA bass player, Dave Carpenter + a preview of Resonance artist Lori Bell on flute.

Resonance has just released Pittsburgh native CATHY ROCCO's debut YOU'RE GONNA HEAR FROM ME. Check out her take on ''Autumn Leaves'', ''Come Rain or Shine'' and ''Give Me One Reason'' (with a guest turn on organ from John Beasley).   ROCCO is not some newbie-want-to-be a-jazz-singer.  ''She is a formidable swinger'' Will Friedwald, New York Sun, from the liner notes, which are worth a read.  Cathy is supported by Tamir Hendelman on piano, Dave Carpenter on bass and Vic Stevens on drums.  CATHY ROCCO has a big voice and a keen sense of drama.

watch for:
Christian Howes with Roger Kellaway ''Heartfelt''
Toninho Horta: ''To Jobim With Love

Aloha Arturo,

I'd venture to say between 6 and 7 minutes each with 4 breaks to do
business in a typical programming hour.

Bobby Jackson