[JPL] steve turre

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Wed Sep 17 11:39:25 EDT 2008

You are correct Blaise.  Tuh-RAY

Aloha,

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Blaise Lantana
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:22 AM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] steve turre

This week's sponsor:  Resonance Records

GOING FOR ADDS NOW:

Resonance Records has re-serviced MIKE GARSON's CONVERSATIONS WITH MY
FAMILY [ ****1/2 Downbeat '' A glowing achievement''] stickered with
some fine jazz tracks. This is our first official solicitation for adds
(due to  Reference Recordings having a title out in the spring which we
did not want to create any conflict with).   GARSON is a piano and
keyboard wizard, who has worked with Stan Getz, Stanley Clarke, his band
Freeflight and many others. There are some gorgeous tracks ready for
airplay.  As a bonus, the DVD features Peter Erskine and the sadly, late
great LA bass player, Dave Carpenter + a preview of Resonance artist
Lori Bell on flute.

Resonance has just released Pittsburgh native CATHY ROCCO's debut YOU'RE
GONNA HEAR FROM ME. Check out her take on ''Autumn Leaves'', ''Come Rain
or Shine'' and ''Give Me One Reason'' (with a guest turn on organ from
John Beasley).   ROCCO is not some newbie-want-to-be a-jazz-singer.
''She is a formidable swinger'' Will Friedwald, New York Sun, from the
liner notes, which are worth a read.  Cathy is supported by Tamir
Hendelman on piano, Dave Carpenter on bass and Vic Stevens on drums.
CATHY ROCCO has a big voice and a keen sense of drama.

watch for:
Christian Howes with Roger Kellaway ''Heartfelt''
Toninho Horta: ''To Jobim With Love

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm featuring trombonist and seashellist Steve Turre for his birthday
tonight and have always said his name as Tuh- RAY, my associate says
this is
not right that it's TER-ry

Any official word or inside info on this my helpful friends?

Thanks

Blaise Lantana

Music Director

KJZZ Phoenix