[JPL] Cynthia Felton

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Wed Sep 17 12:26:48 EDT 2008

Amen, sister!

Claudia
KSDS Jazz88.3
www.jazz88.org

________________________________

From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com on behalf of Blaise Lantana
Sent: Tue 9/16/2008 11:38 PM
To: jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
Subject: [JPL] Cynthia Felton

This week's sponsor:  Resonance Records

GOING FOR ADDS NOW:

Resonance Records has re-serviced MIKE GARSON's CONVERSATIONS WITH MY FAMILY
[ ****1/2 Downbeat '' A glowing achievement''] stickered with some fine jazz
tracks. This is our first official solicitation for adds (due to  Reference
Recordings having a title out in the spring which we did not want to create
any conflict with).   GARSON is a piano and keyboard wizard, who has worked
with Stan Getz, Stanley Clarke, his band Freeflight and many others. There
are some gorgeous tracks ready for airplay.  As a bonus, the DVD features
Peter Erskine and the sadly, late great LA bass player, Dave Carpenter + a
preview of Resonance artist Lori Bell on flute.

Resonance has just released Pittsburgh native CATHY ROCCO's debut YOU'RE
GONNA HEAR FROM ME. Check out her take on ''Autumn Leaves'', ''Come Rain or
Shine'' and ''Give Me One Reason'' (with a guest turn on organ from John
Beasley).   ROCCO is not some newbie-want-to-be a-jazz-singer.  ''She is a
formidable swinger'' Will Friedwald, New York Sun, from the liner notes,
which are worth a read.  Cathy is supported by Tamir Hendelman on piano, Dave
Carpenter on bass and Vic Stevens on drums.  CATHY ROCCO has a big voice and
a keen sense of drama.

watch for:
Christian Howes with Roger Kellaway ''Heartfelt''
Toninho Horta: ''To Jobim With Love

I wonder if whoever is dressing the women for these album shots could start
dressing the men.

Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix