[JPL] Steve Turre

Mark Griffith nomsgmusic at verizon.net
Wed Sep 17 12:31:58 EDT 2008

	Since I saw that there was some "trivia" on the list, and then this
mention of Steve Turre's b-day. I will mention that Steve told me once
when I was playing with him that he and drummer Victor Lewis not only
share the same birthday, but were born in the SAME hospital in the SF
Bay area.... Same day, same hospital, same town, same career, same
successes. Although I never confirmed this "independently."
	It is sort of an interesting factoid based on the fact that their
careers have also run similar courses (playing with Woody Shaw, and
finally residing in NY metro), and they have even recorded together on
one of Turre's Verve records (I think). AND he always said his name
Tur-REY, (with only a slight accent on the second syllable) around me.
	My 2 cents,
	Mark Griffith