[JPL] Steve Turre & Victor Lewis

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Sep 17 13:46:28 EDT 2008

Mark wrote <<< Since I saw that there was some "trivia" on the list, and
then this
mention of Steve Turre's b-day. I will mention that Steve told me once
when I was playing with him that he and drummer Victor Lewis not only
share the same birthday, but were born in the SAME hospital in the SF
Bay area.... Same day, same hospital, same town,  >>>>>>

Close but no cigar, Cuban of course, ooops better not make it a Cuban, we
could be thrown in jail.

Victor was born in Omaha just as Steve was, Victor on May 20th, 1950 and
Steve Sept 12th 1948, perhaps as you state, in the same hospital. Steve was
raised in the SF Bay Area. Victor has musical parents and Steve's mother was
a flamenco and Spanish singer, Steve's brothers are professional musicians
as well.

Arturo