[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Wednesday September 17 2008

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Sep 17 21:51:37 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday September 17, 2008

7:06 PM Capoeira Feature – available online at www.ideastations.org/radio

(Moacir Santos) Coisa No. 6 – Ouro Negro – Moacir Santos – Adventue Music
– AM 1011-2

(Gil Lopez) Jazz-a-Samba – Afro-Jaws – Eddie Lockjaw Davis – Riverside –
OJCCD-403-2

(Ahmad Jamal) The Awakening – The Awakening – Impulse – IMPD-226

(Bill Cantrall) Maker’s – Axiom – Bill Cantrall - Upswing

(Bill Evans) Time Remembered – The Best of Bill Evans – Bill Evans – RCD
5712-2

(Roy Assaf) On the Way – Andarta – Roy Assaf & Eddy Khaimovich – Origin
Records – 82515

(Lecuona) Siboney - Notes from the Village – Anat Cohen – Anat Cohen –
ANZ-1302

(Brubeck) Theme from Mr. Broadway – The Essential Dave Brubeck –
Columbia/Legacy – C2K 86993

8:01 NPR News

(Ellington) Jack the Bear / (Kahn, Moret) Chloe / (Strayhorn) Take the A
Train – Duke Ellington: The Blanton-Webster Band – Duke Ellington –
Bluebird – 5659-2-RB

(Kenny Barron) Phantoms – The Traveler – Sunnyside – SSC 3079

(Ornette Coleman) Una Muy Bonita – Introducing Ornette Coleman – Rhino –
8122776572

(George and Ira Gershwin) I Was Doing All Right – Doin’
 Allright – Dexter Gordon – Blue Note – CDP 7 84077 2

(Monk, Hendricks) Ask Me Now (How I Wish) – Carmen Sings Monk – Carmen
McRae – RCA 3086-2-N

(Lerner and Loewe) My Fair Lady – The Beat Goes on – Frank Derrick –
Jazzed media – JM 1035

9:01 NPR News

(Autin, Jordan) Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby – Louis Jordan and His
Tympany Five Disc B: 1941-1944 – JSP Records – 905B

(Williams) Mary Lou Williams Blues - Mary Lou Williams 1927-1940 –
Classics – 630

(Haggart, Bauduc, Crosby, Rodin) Big Noise from Winnetka – South Rampart
Street Parade – Decca Jazz – GRD-615

(Horace Henderson) Bug John’s Special – Swing Time! The Fabulous Big Band
Era – Columbia/Legacy - C3K 53862

(Hoagy Carmichael and Stanley Adams) Sing Me a Swing Song and Let Me Dance
– Stompin’ at the Savoy – Chick Webb with Ella Fitzgerald - ASV – CD AJA
5416

(Lionel Hampton, Curley Hamner) Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop – Hamp: The Legendary
Decca Recordings of Lionel Hampton – Decca Jazz – GRD-2-652

(Coleman Hawkins) Bouncin’ with Bean – Coleman Hawkins: A Retrospective
1929-1963 – Bluebird – 66617-2

(Hank Mobley) Soul Station – Soul Station – Hank Mobley – Blue Note – CDP
7 46528 2

(Ellington, Mills, Kurtz) In a Sentimental Mood – I Remember You – Tuck &
Patti – T & P Records – 891041002180

(Pat Coil) Can’t Stop – Bird House – Liberty Hill – www.patcoil.com

(Billy Eckstine) I Want to Talk about You – Newport ’63 – John Coltrane –
Impulse – GRD-128