[JPL] Posting Playlists

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 13:16:25 EDT 2008

Kate, I understand your point and agree but I don't think anyone is advocating getting rid of the playlists. I know I didn't but the issue again...with me...is that the postings have become the dominate use of the JPL. Radio has issues...jazz the music is strong and creative as ever but not the audience for supporting it. It's a fragile base in many markets as I'm sure you know. Some do better that others and considering... I personally want to know how to better develop the listenship base for jazz and learn how to better connect the music with the people. Reading a playlist solves none of these issues that are of paramount importance to the survival of this music. I also wish more would contribute to creating these kinds of constructive dialogue as easily as some submit what they are playing.

Jae Sinnett