[JPL] Posting Playlists

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Thu Sep 18 13:38:53 EDT 2008

9/18/08 1:16 PM, Jae Sinnett wrote:
> I also wish more would contribute to creating these kinds of constructive dialogue as easily as some submit what they are playing.

Jae hits the nail right on the head.

So ... as a reminder:

The primary function of the list is to discuss programming.  It's a
pretty broad category -- so that can include most things related to jazz.

Secondarily, playlist posting is OK, but it's essential that you slug
the subject line with PLAYLIST at the front of it so those who wish to
skip past them can do so.

Also, not that it's an issue very often, but the list is not for the
announcement of gigs, other than those near a conference (like the late,
lamented IAJE.)

So, yes ... let's have some discussion on programming issues.  I'm very
interested in what Arturo brought up about finding a framework for
consistency that allows individuality among program hosts.  We had a
very good discussion in June at the JW Summit about that sort of
programming vs. scheduling with each making a great case and with each
with the same goal in mind.

Please also feel free to share comments about CDs that excite you --
especially those that might slip under the radar.

-- Ed