[JPL] Announcing and Clocks

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 19 01:22:14 EDT 2008

Blaise,
A classic jazz track at the top of every hour and 2 or 3 vocals within the
hour - is that pretty much the rule of thumb for jazz as far as the industry
standard goes? Just asking because I simply don't know myself. I have a
vocal hour between 8PM and 9PM but I'm wondering if I need to mix more
vocals in during the other hours.

Also, what about coming into a stopset - any pointers? I have been saying
"when we come back" - maybe unfortunate- and then frontselling the next
selection or artist.

Mark Dove
"Sounds of Jazz"
"Cafe Jazz"