[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday September 18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 18 21:53:49 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public Radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Seame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday September 18, 2008

(Tito Puente) Picadillo – Ultimate Cal Tjader – Cal Tjader and Eddie
Palmieri -Verve – 314 559 702-2

(Washington, Young) Stella by Starlight – Bob Dorough & Sam Most Quartet:
Complete Recordings – Lone Hill Jazz – LHJ 10123

(Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Paprelli) A Night in Tunisia – The Complete Round
about Minight at the Café Bohemia – Kenny Dorham – Blue Note – 7243 5
33775 2 6

(McHugh, Adamson) A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening – The Opener – Curtis
Fuller – Blue Note – 50999 2 15370 2 8

(Ruby, Kalmar) Three Little Words – Bags & Trane – John Coltrane and Milt
Jackson – Atlantic Jazz – 1368-2

(Bio Ritmo) Dime Vida – Bionica – Bio Ritmo – Locular – LR -003

(Kenny Barron) The First Year  – The Traveler – Kenny Barron – Sunnyside –
SSC 3079

(Irving Berlin) The Best Thing for You – So Many Stars – Ava Logan – Diva
Vet Music

8:01 NPR News

(Brian Jones) Like Bojangles – Redhead – Brian Jones – Slang Sanctuary
Records – 014

(Coleman) T & T – Ornette! – Ornette Coleman – Atlantic/Rhino – R2 73174

(Raye, DeP)aul) Star Eyes – Quinetessence Volume 1 – Concord – CCD-4807-2

(Malneck, Signorelli, Kahn) I’ll Never Be the Same – The Noble Art of
Teddy Wilson – Living Era – CD AJA 5450

(Van Heusen, Bryant, Selman) Do You Wanna Jump Children – Count Basie: The
Complete Decca Recordings – Decca Jazz – GRD-3-611

(Basie, Livingston, David) Blue and Sentimental – Blue and Sentimental –
Ike Quebec – Blue Note – CDP 7 84098 2

(Patterson) Sister Ruth – Just Friends – Don Patterson and Booker Ervin –
Prestige – PRCD-24237-2

(Dietz, Schwartz) Haunted Heart – Persistence – Joe Magnarelli – Reservoir
– RSR CD 194

(Green Heyman) I Cover the Waterfront – For Lady Day – Zoot Sims – Pablo –
PACD-2310-942-2

(Cole Porter) I Get a Kick out of You – The Beat Goes on – Frank Derrick –
Jazzed Media – JM 1035

Merry Christmas Baby / Don’t Get Salty Sugar / Money’s Getting Cheaper –
Charles Brown 1946-1948 Los Angeles – JSP Records – 7707C

(Oliver Nelson) Stolen Moments – The Phil Norman Tentet Live at the
Catalina Jazz Club – Mama Records – MAA – 1034

(Jerome Kern, Dorothy Fields) The Way You Look Tonight – Eric Dolphy in
Europe Volume 2 – Prestige – OJCCD-414-2

(Rodgers and Hart) It’s Easy to Remember – I Love You, Paris – Shirley
Horn - Verve/Gitanes – 314 523 486-2

(Hill, Williams, Hopkins) I Would Do Anything for You – Art Tatum: Classic
Early Solos (1934-1937) – Decca Jazz – GRD-607

(Carmichael, Parish) Star Dust – Frenesi – Artie Shaw Featuring Begin the
Bguine – Bluebird – 07863 61064-2

(Egan, Whiting) Japanese Sandman - Django Reinhardt Volume 3 – JSP CD 343

(Parish, Malneck, Signorelli) Stairway to the Stars - Our Man in Paris –
Dexter Gordon – Blue Note – 7243 5 80914 2 7

(Ceasar, Youmans) Tea for Two – I Got Rhythm – Art Tatum – Decca Jazz –
GRD-630