[JPL] Sad News About Richard Sudhalter

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 07:49:47 EDT 2008

From: Carol Sudhalter <carolsudhalter at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:20:48 -0400

Hello,
 I'm writing with sad news. My brother Richard is in the hospital and they
have begun palliative care. He is not expected to live much longer. The
disease he has, caused aspiration of food into his lungs, and over time
this created an inflammatory situation which also put pressure on his
heart. He is receiving morphine, oxygen and a couple of medicines for the
fluid in his lungs, to make him more comfortable.

  His daughters Adrian and Kimberley, and my brother Jim, will all be here
in town tomorrow. Dorothy and Daryl are by his side most of the time.

  He was still aware of his surroundings when I left the hospital around
noon today. I'll be dropping back in later tonight.

   He can have visitors at any time, if anyone reading this feels they
want to go in and say a farewell. He can't talk or even move but, as I say,
he is aware of his surroundings.

  The hospital is New York Presbytarian, and it's located on York Ave at
68th St., Manhattan.

   Sorry if you already know this, or if you're not someone who wanted to
know. I just picked out some names from my hotmail address book. Feel free
to tell others. My head is not very straight right now, for obvious
reasons..in fact I'm pretty spaced...so I'm just doing the most useful
things I can think of.

Carol Sudhalter
718 278 5331
cell 917 667 5331