[JPL] Programming guidelines

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Fri Sep 19 14:15:26 EDT 2008

Gene:

You might want to check out www.walrusresearch.com.  They publish lots of studies about public radio.  Some concern fundraising, others music programming but all related to growing the public radio audience.

In 2004 they published a study called "Core Values of Jazz Formats" dervied from a series of focus groups held in San Francisco, New York/Baltimore, Atlanta and Los Angeles.  It's downloadable as a *.pdf on their website.  Whether or not you agree with its findings or not it, there's much to think about found within.

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM
Wednesdays 7-9 PM