[JPL] Re: Programming Change at KIPO 89.3 FM Honolulu, Hawaii

Ray Cruz rcruz at hawaiipublicradio.org
Fri Sep 19 15:33:07 EDT 2008

Aloha from Hawaii Public Radio's KIPO 89.3 FM,

Ray Cruz here...Host of Foreword & Sabor Tropical;

Effective Monday September 22, the morning music format on Foreword will
no longer be offered as the program moves toward a morning drive news
format.

I wanted to thank all of the artists, labels, promoters and JPL
contributors for your support during the last 2 years.

However, Jazz programming will continue nightly with Jazz host Don Gordon,
Seth Markow of the "Real Deal" and I will continue to offer the best in
Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz on my program, Sabor Tropical.

With our new transmitter and increased power, the Jazz programs offered at
HPR will now reach a larger audience with an eventual "statewide"
audience.

Again, thank you all so very much

Ray Cruz
KIPO 89.3FM