[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Friday September 19

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 19 21:48:24 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE, archived at ideastations.org/radio

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 19, 2008

(Dorough) Scroobydoo – Bob Dorough & Sam Most: Complete Recordings – Lone
Hill Jazz – LHJ10123

(Rose, Hirsch) Deed I Do – On the Sunny Side of the Street – Ella
Fitzgerald and Count Basie – Verve – 821 576-2

(Scherzinger, Mercer) I Remember You – Motion – Lee Konitz – Verve – 440
065 510-2

(Sonny Rollins) The Bridge – The Bridge  - Sonny Rollins – Victor Jazz –
09026-68518-2

(Corey Chritiansen) Kaiya’s Dance – Roll with It – Corey Christiansen -
Origin Records – 82513

(Bill Cantrall) Torrent – Axiom – Bill Cantrall – Upswing

(Higginbotham, Drake, Fisher) Good Morning Heartache – Blue Moods – Ray
Bryant – EmArcy – 842 438-2

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We’re in Love – It Amazes Me –
Bob Mover – Zoho – ZM 200809

8:01 NPR News

(Curtis Fuller) Lizzy’s Bounce – The Opener – Curtis Fuller – Blue Note –
50999 2 15370 2 8

(Simmons, Alvarez, Miller) Shoe Shine – Bionico – Bio Ritmo – Locular
Records – LR 003

(Cole Porter) Where have You Been – Written in the Stars – Bill Charlap –
Blue Note – 7243 5 27291 2 8

(John Hicks) Blues in the Pocket – Mind Wine – John Hicks Legacy Band –
Savant – SCD 2096

(Eddie Palmieri, Bobby Rodriguez) Ritmo Uni – Ultimate Cal Tjader – Verve
– 314 559 702-2

(Anat Cohen) J Blues – Notes from the Village – Anat Cohen – Anzic Records
– 1302

(Gibbs, Grey, Woods) Runnin’ Wild / (Clarence and Spencer Williams) Ain’t
Gonna Give Nobody None of My Jellyroll – Runnin’ Wild – Sidney Bechet –
Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 21259 2 1

(Louis Armstrong) I’m Not Rough – Louis Armstrong Sings – Columbia/Legacy
– CK 65039

(Hank Jones) Chant – The Hawk Flies High – Coleman Hawkins – Riverside –
OJCCD-027-2

9:01 NPR News

(Harry Warren, Johnny Mercer) You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby – The
Song Is You - Best of the Verve Songbooks – Verve – 314 531 558-2

(Sir Charles Thompson) Robin’s Nest – The Phil Norman Tentet Totally Live
at the Catalina Jazz Club – Mama – 1034

(Michel LeGrand, Marilyn and Alan Bergman) The Summer Knows – Send in the
Clowns: The Very Best of Sarah Vaughan – Columbia/Legacy – 82876 80273 2

(Charles Mingus) Theme for Lester Young – Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus
Mingus – Charles Mingus – Impulse – IMPD-170

(Thelonious Monk) Played Twice - 5 by Monk by 5 – Thelonious Monk –
Riverside – OJCCD-362-2

(Horace Silver) Sister Sadie – Dog Years in the Fourth Ring – Rahsaan
Roland Kirk – 32Jazz – 32032

(Doug Hamilton) Samba – Doug Hamilton Jazz Band – OA2 Records – 22045

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Burke) Oh You Crazy Moon – Oh You Crazy Moon –
Chet Baker – Enja/Justin Time – JENJ-3304-2