[JPL] Sunday Jazz Trivia

Eric Jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 15:49:34 EDT 2008

Jae Sinnett wrote:

> Yepper Eric...Nou. Eric, an easy one...Benny also played another instrument...on record many times. What instrument would that be?
>
> Jae

Jae, a few years ago you asked online about musicians who play more than
one instrument. You were working on a show. I had some notes from my
prep work for my Benny Carter memorial show which I posted.
Coincidently, I just found my notes yesterday and they were sitting
right in front of me as I read your email.

Benny actually recorded on alto, tenor ,trumpet, piano, clarinet and as
a vocalist.

Eric Jackson
Mon - Thurs 8 pm - mid.
89.7 FM WGBH Boston