[JPL] PLAYLIST:WBCX 89.1 FM Sounds of Jazz Sep 20,2008

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 21 22:52:33 EDT 2008

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for Sep 20,2008

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for Sep 20, 2008

Hour 1

CNY JAZZ ORCH - "Eighty One" - Then Now and Again - (indep)

MACE HIBBARD - "Cruisin on Colcord" - When Last We Met - (MHM)
BRIDGE QUARTET - "Strode Rode" - Day - (Origin)

STAN KENTON - "The Thrill is Gone" - Standards in Silouhette - (Capitol)

JOHN COLTRANE - "My Favorite Things" - My Favorite Things - (Atlantic)

TOM TALLITCH - "Good Friday" - Medicine Man - (Origin)

SUN RA AND HIS ASTRO INFINITY ARKESTRA - "Dorothy's Dance" - Holiday for Soul Dance - (Evidence)

Hour 2

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Your Way" - Roll With It - (Origin)

GENE LUDWIG - "Louie and Jazz" - Hands On - (Blues Leaf)

SCOTT HAMILTON - "Intermission Riff" - Across the Tracks - (Concord)

JOHN SCOFIELD TRIO - "Alfie" - EnRoute - (Emarcy)

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS - "In Walked Bud" - Keystone 3 - (Concord)

COREY WILKES - "Return to Sender" - Drop It - (Delmark)

CLAIRE DALY - "Lady's Blues" - Swing Low - (indep)

Hour 3

GAIL PETTIS - "Desafinado" - May I Come In - (Origin0

NEW YORK VOICES - "Don't You Worry About a Thing" - A Day Like This - (MCG)

JIM MALLOY - "I'm Gonna Lay My Heart On the Line" - Jazz Vocalist - (indep)

ALEXIS COLE - "Stompin At the Savoy" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

JEFF BAKER - "All Blues" - Shopping For Your Heart - (Origin)

DIANA KRALL - "Peel Me a Grape" - Love Scenes - (Impulse)

ANN HAMPTON CALLAWAY - "Love Dance" - Slow - (Shanachie)

EVA CASSADY - "Honeysuckle Rose" - Live at Blues Alley - (indep)

PAMELA HINES TRIO W/APRIL HALL - "Golden Romance" - Drop 2 - (Spice Rack)

MOSE ALLISON - "I'm the Wild Man" - Allison Wonderland - (Rhino)

Hour 4

PHIL KELLY AND THE SW SANTA ANA WINDS - "Jeannine" - My Museum - (Origin)

VINCE NORMAN AND THE JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Where's My Hasenpheiffer" - Words Cannot Express - (Origin)

AFFINITY - "Route 66" - Route 66 - (Rhombus)

IDIT SHNER - "Tuesday's Blues" - Tuesday's Blues - (Origin)

ROY ASSAF/EDDY KHAIMOVICH QUARTET - "You Don't Know What Love Is" - Andarta - (Origin)

DAN HECK - "Blue Stone" - Compositionality - (Origin)

PAUL CARLON OCTET - "Nobody Knows When You're Down and Out" - Roots Propaganda - (Deep Tone)

LARRY VUCKOVICH TRIO - "Put It Where You Want It" - High Wall - (Tetrachord)

Hour 5

COREY CHRISTIANSEN - "Roll With It" - Roll With It - (Origin)

DAVID SANBORN - "Basin St Blues" - Here and Gone - (Decca)

CHARLES MINGUS - "Cryin Blues" - Blues & Roots - (Atlantic)

DON BRADEN - "Through the Fire" - The New Hang - (Highnote)

RONI BEN-HUR - "Blues In the Night" - Signature - (Reservoir)

TIM WARFIELD - "Oasis" - One For Shirley - (Criss Cross Jazz)

PHIL WOODS - "Springsville" - 20th Anniversary Collection - (Mosaic)

Hour 6

SCOTT WHITFIELD QUINTET - "Postage Due" - Live at Charlie O's - (Summit)

GLENN WHITE - "Sacred Machines" - Sacred Machines - (Origin)

MARK WEINSTEIN - "Invitation" - Straight No Chaser - (Jazzheads)

J.J.JOHNSON - "Yesterdays" - Savoy Sessions - (Savoy)

THAD JONES - "Tariff" - Detroit / New York Junction - (Blue Note)

JOEL FRAHM - "Jobimiola" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

DON FRIEDMAN TRIO - "Circle Waltz" - Straight Ahead - (No Coast Jazz)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "Rocker" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Round Midnight" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM