[JPL] Sunday Jazz Trivia

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 20:10:47 EDT 2008

Jae:

Yes, it is James Morrison.  From the album "Snappy Doo", the tune
entitled "Le Belleclaire Blues".  Ray Brown is in fact the bassist on
the date.  James is still quite active, has appeared on some of the
more recent Lalo Schifrin "Jazz meets the Symphony" recordings, at
the Vail Jazz Party within the last few years and as a featured
soloist with the Colorado Music Festival orchestra in Boulder.

James is pretty much a household name in Australia, has even had his
own TV show there thus illustrating the difference between acceptance
of jazz in the US versus elsewhere.  He's also hosted the in-flight
jazz programming on Qantas Airways.

Doug Crane
dcrane at comcast.net
KUVO Denver 89.3 FM