[JPL] WEVL Jazz Playlist for 9/21

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Sep 22 11:07:17 EDT 2008

Here’s what aired this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland
(three-day trad jazz festival coming up next weekend):

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Dick Hyman       Davenport Blues       Thinking About Bix
Reference

Dick Hyman     Singing the Blues                    “
“

Bix Beiderbecke   Singing the Blues     Complete Okeh
                Mosaic

Bix Beiderbecke   I’m Coming, Virginia       “
“

Frank Trumbauer   Newest St. Louis Blues   “
“

Gil Evans                St. Louis Blues        New Bottle Old Wine
Pacific Jazz

Vanguard Jazz Orchestra    St. Louis Blues    Monday Night Live    Planet
Arts

Kenny Barron        Speed Trap               The Traveler
Sunnyside

Harvie S – Kenny Barron    Confirmation    Now Was the Time      Savant

1:00AM

Bud Freeman          Sunday                 Chicago/Austin High Jazz
Mosaic

Chip White             Max                        Double Dedication
Dark Colors

Chip White          Ode to Max                         “
“

Clark Terry-Max Roach      Brushes and Brass      Friendship
Columbia

Clark Terry-Max Roach     I Remember Clifford       “
“

Clifford Brown-Max Roach         Jordu    More Study in Brown      EmArcy

Clifford Brown-Max Roach  I’ll Remember April  At Basin Street  EmArcy

Ted Nash    Lujonm (Slow, Hot Wind)      The Mancini Project       Palmetto

Phil Woods-Carl Saunders    Mr. Lucky
Play Henry Mancini   Jazzed Media

Dan Cray          Moon River           Over Here Over Heard
Crawdad

2:00AM

Carla Bley         Appearing Nightly                     (same)
Watt/ECM

Rick Wald     Dawn to Dawn in the City     Play That Thing
Glowbow

Danilo Perez     The Purple Condor      Across the Crystal Sea
EmArcy

Joe Lovano     The Dawn of Time              Symphonica
Blue Note

3:00AM

Brad Mehldau           Black Hole Sun          Trio Live
Nonesuch

Jessica Williams          Empathy       Songs for a New Century
Origin

Bobo Stenson    Don’s Kora Song           Cantando
ECM

Don Cherry     Orfeu Negro         Café Montmarte 1966 Vol. 2
esp-disc

Dewey Redman        Dewey Square     The Struggle Continues        ECM

4:00AM

David Murray-Mal Waldron            Soul Eyes
Justin Time

John Coltrane      Soul Eyes                 Interplay
Prestige

James Carter         Tenderly               Present Tense
EmArcy

David Liebman         Poinciana         Negative Space
Verve

Joe Magnarelli   You and the Night and the Music     Persistence
Reservoir

5:00AM

Terry Waldo         China Boy                    Hot House Rag
Delmark

Dick Hyman          Candlelights             Thinking About Bix
Reference

Steve Million   Scriabin Prelude Op. 16 No. 3

                                                   Remembering the Way Home
Origin

Hank Jones     Bemsha Swing                For My Father
Justin Time

Ben Sidran    Straight, No Chaser           Cien Noches
Nardis

Take 6            Seven Steps to Heaven       The Standard
Heads Up

Miles Davis       Just Squeeze Me           Muted Miles
Prestige

Cedar Walton      The Man I Love          Seasoned Wood
High Note

Wayne Escoffery      Chronic Blues         Hopes and Dreams
Savant

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.comi

WCLV