[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Tuesday September 23

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Sep 23 21:52:31 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesme Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday September 23, 3008

(Charlie Shavers) Undecided – Body & Soul – Erroll Garner – Columbia – CK
47035

(Count Basie) Jumpin’ at the Woodside – Hamp and Getz – Stan Getz and
Lionel Hampton – Verve – 831 672-2

(L. Gillespie) She’s Gone Again – The Bebop Singers – Dizzy Gillespie -
Prestige – PRCD-24216-2

(Neiberg, Daugherty, Reynolds)  I’m Confessin’ (That I Love You) – Soulero
– Kenny Burrell – Chess – GRD-808

(Gershwin) Soon – The Opener – Curtis Fuller – Blue Note – 50999 2 15370 2
8

(Renaud Garcia-Fons) Gitanet – Arcoluz – Renaud Garcia-Fons – Enja/Justin
Time – JENJ 3325-2

(Fragos, Baker, Gasparre) I Hear a Rhapsody – Bob Dorough & Sam Most
Quartet Complete Recordings – Lone Hill Jazz – LHJ 10123

(Bob Mover) Erkin - It Amazes Me – Bob Mover with Igor Butman – Zoho –
200809

(Traditional) Guapacha – Afro-Cuban Fantasy – Pancho Sanchez – Concord
Picante – CCD-4847-2

8:01 NPR News

(Pettis, Meyers, Schoebel) Bugle Call Blues – Cab Calloway Featuring Chu
Berry – Columbia/Legacy – CK 48901

(Cab Calloway, Irving Mills) Minnie the Moocher / (Turk, Robinson) Beale
Street Mama – Best of the Big Bands – Cab Calloway – Columbia – CK 45336

(Ann Ronnell) Willow Weep for Me – Our Man in Paris – Dexter Gordon – Blue
Note – 7243 5 80914 2 7

(Mike LeDonne) Hands – Five Live – Mike LeDonne – Savant – SCD 2091

(Cole Porter) What Is This Thing Called Love – The Cole Porter Mix –
Patricia Barber -Blue Note – 50999 5 01468 2 6

(Bob Florence) A Joyful Noise – The Phil Norman Tentet Live at the
Catalina Jazz Club – Mama – MAA 1034

(Burns, Herman, Mercer) Early Autumn – Heartfelt – Chritian Howe –
Resonance Records – RCD 1006

(Rodgers and Hart) Falling in Love with Love – Clifford Brown memorial
Album – Prestige – OJCCD-017-2

(Walter Donaldson) You’re Driving Me Crazy – I Can’t Help It – Betty
Carter – Impulse – GRD-114

9:01 NPR News

(Jerome, Byron, Kent) Mama I Want to Make Rhythm – Ben Pollack: The Dean
of Swing – Living Era  - CD AJA 5491

(Carmichael, Mills) Boneyard Shuffle – Red Nichols 1925-1927 – Classics –
1212

(Harry Warren) Lullaby of Broadway – Okay America Alternate Takes and
Rarities  - Boswell Sisters – Jass Records – J-CD-622

(Robin Eubanks) The Sum of All Parts – Pass It on – Dave Holland – EmArcy
– B0011800-02

(Bill Heid) Hustle Bustle – Asian Persuasion – Bill Heid – Doodlin’
Records – DR-009

(Burke, Van Heusen) But Beautiful – Nothin’ But the Truth – Teddy Edwards
– Prestige – OJCCD-81302

(Rodgers and Hammerstein) People Will Say We’re in love – Dream of You -
Helen Merrill – EmArcy – 314 514 074-2

(Bill Evans) Waltz for Debby – Know What I Mean – Cannonball Adderly and
Bill Evans – Riverside – OJCCD-103-2

(Miles Davis) Milestones – Booker Little 4 & Max Roach – Blue Note – CDP 7
84457 2

(Sam Rivers) Beatrice – Peace – Paul Kogut & Kelly Sill – Blujazz – BJ
3364