[JPL] jazz and boxing

Derrick Lucas derrick at jazz901.org
Wed Sep 24 08:46:59 EDT 2008

For years I couldn't understand why the attendance was so sparse  for the
"Concert of The Century" until recently I read that the "Fight of the
Century" was fought IN Toronto that same night in addition to being
televised

But then again in our town years ago, Stevie Wonder played to a nearly empty
arena back in 1981 on his "Hotter Than July" tour because it was the same
day and kickoff time as the Super Bowl...