[JPL] Boxing and Jazz

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 10:50:19 EDT 2008

Great stuff for sure. John, thanks for that reminder about Wallace. When I played with him long ago I noticed his knuckles where are marked up and I asked him what happened. Apparently that is something that is common with boxers and he shared his love of the sport with me. Of course the first thing I thought of was Miles. He loved Miles so much...as I'm sure you know...that he even wanted to box.

Miles' "A Tribute To Jack Johnson" was supposedly a "soundtrack" to a documentary film by Bill Cayton on the boxer. Has anyone ever seen it? I'm not sure if that is true but if so I never knew the music was for the film.

Jae Sinnett