[JPL] Halloween

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Sep 24 11:34:46 EDT 2008

Allow me to forward this list that Bobby Jackson compiled in 2003.
Tom Reney

HALLOWEEN TUNES

Rick Margitza - Witches from "Memento"
Will Bradley "Celery Stalks at Midnight"=20
Haunted Melody, Rahsaan Roland Kirk
It's Getting Dark, Kenny Burrell
Witches Pit, John Coltrane
Frankenstein, Archie Shepp
Ghost Town, Jackie McLean
Children of the Night, Art Blakey
Lambert, Hendricks and Ross' - Halloween Spooks
King Pleasure - Don't Get Scared,=20
Boo, Booker Ervin
Mother of the Dead Man - Carla Bley
Nightmare - Artie Shaw
Don't Get Scared - King Pleasure, Laurel Masse, Lea DeLaria
Jerry Gonzalez/Ft.Apache, Thelonius Monk - Mysterioso
Ben Sidran - On Defeating Death
Medeski, Martin & Wood - Dracula
Rick Margitza - Witches
Bob Florence - Creepy Crawlies, Pumpkinette
Regina Carter / Kenny Barron - Phantoms,=20
Wayne Shorter - Phantom Navigator, Witch Hunt, Memphistopholes, Children =
Of The Night, Fe Fi Fo Fum, Dance Cadaverous, Lost, Speak No Evil, =
Devil's Island
Jack Walrath - Fright Night
Charlie Haden - Haunted Heart
Jimmy Giuffre - Phantom Spirits, Wolf Soup
Bobby Hutcherson - Witchcraft
Kenny Barron - Phantoms
Art Blakey - Witch Hunt
Lionel Hampton - Trick or Treat
Philly Joe Jones - Blues for Dracula
Jessica Williams - Smoking Section (more for it's sound than title)
Mose Allison - Meet Me at No Special Place
Danilo Perez - Blues For The Saints
Sting - Moon Over Bourbon Street
Dave Douglas - The Ghost
Tommy Smith - Ghosts
Gerry Mulligan & Scott Hamilton - Ghosts
Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Swamp ghost
Lester Bowie - Thriller
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell On You
David Sanborn's - Spooky
Vince Guaraldi - Great Pumpkin Waltz,=20
Bobby Broom - Superstition
Special EFX - Dancing With A Ghost
Tommy Dorsey - Haunted Heart,=20
Cab Calloway - Dry Bones
Damned Don't Cry - John Coltrane - Africa/Brass Sessions
Devil Woman - Charles Mingus - Oh Yeah
Run the Voodoo Down - Cassandra Wilson - Traveling Miles
Man In the Oven - Nancy King - King on the Road
Glenn Miller - Swingin' At The S=E9ance
Stash Records - Halloween Jazz
Return To Forever - Sorceress
Lenny White - Wolfbane
Lex DeAzevedo - Goblin Valley
Dr. John - Walk On Gilded Splinters
Pete Magadini- Bones Blues
Susannah McCorkle - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Howlin' Wolf's - Smokestack Lightnin'
Bill Henderson - Pumpkin Pie

Boo!

Bobby "Papa Bhu" Jackson