[JPL] PLAYLIST - Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, 09-24-08

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:10:07 EDT 2008

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 1pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Airdate: 09-24-08

    HOUR ONE

Theme

Duke Ellington Orchestra &  Count Basie Orchestra - Take The "A" Train
- First Time: The Count Meets The Duke (Columbia)
Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Afro-Bossa - Afro-Bossa (Discovery)
Kenny Burrell - Ellington Medley - Ellington A La Carte (Muse)
Teddy Edwards & Houston Person - The Girl From Ipanema - Horn To Horn
(Muse)

  BREAK

Holly Yarbrough - Then Your Heart Is Full Of Love - Mister Rodgers
Swings (VintageDiscs) [C]
John Pizzarelli - With A Song In My Heart - With A Song In My Heart
(Telarc) [C]
Cyrus Chestnut - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Genuine Chestnut
(Telarc)
Paul Desmond Quartet - Meditation - Like Someone In Love (Telarc)

  BREAK

    HOuR TWO

Louis Armstrong - When The Saints Go Marching In - Mame (Pickwick)
Louis Armstrong & The Dukes Of Dixieland - Bourbon Street Parade -
Satchmo And The Dukes Of Dixieland (Leisure)
The Dukes Of Dixieland - Ice Cream - Timeless (Leisure Jazz)

  BREAK

Buddy DeFranco w/ The John Pizzarelli Trio and Butch Miles - I Lost The
Blues - Cookin' The Books (Arbors Jazz)
Buddy DeFranco w/ The John Pizzarelli Trio and Butch Miles - East Of
The Sun (And West Of The Moon) - Cookin' The Books (Arbors Jazz)

  BREAK

Frank Catalano - Impressions - Live At The Green Mill (Delmark)
The Phil Norman Tentet - Nature Boy - "Totally" Live At The Catalina
Jazz Club (Mama) [C]

  BREAK