[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 24, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Sep 24 18:11:03 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Theodore "Fats" Navarro, b. Key West, FL, 9/24/23; d. NYC, 7/7/50, age 26
http://csis.pace.edu/~varden/navarro/navarro.html Navarro tribute page
http://www.jazzdisco.org/fats-navarro/discography/ Navarro discography

8:00 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Bebop Romp Proper 1947

8:03 PM Dianne Reeves When You Know Social Call Blue Note 2008
8:07 PM James Carter Present Tense Dodo's Bounce EmArcy 2008
8:13 PM Gary Smulyan More Treasures Stop Reservoir 2008

8:22 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Air Mail Special Proper 1945 w Billy Eckstine
8:25 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Oo-Bop-Sh'bam Proper 1946 w Kenny Clarke
8:28 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Rue Chaptal Proper 1946 w Kenny Clarke
8:31 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Calling Dr. Jazz Proper 1946 w Lockjaw Davis
8:34 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Maternity Proper 1946 w Lockjaw Davis

8:39 PM Roy Hargrove Earfood Speak Low EmArcy 2008 http://www.scullersjazz.com/ Sculler's 10/3-4
8:44 PM John Swana Bright Moments Everything I Have Is Yours Criss Cross Jazz 2008
8:51 PM Joe Magnarelli Persistence I Had the Craziest Dream Reservoir 2008

President Bush address, 9:00-9:29

9:30 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Fat Girl Proper 1947
9:33 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Goin' to Minton's Proper 1947
9:36 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story The Chase Proper 1947 w Tadd Dameron
9:39 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Our Delight Proper 1947 w Tadd Dameron
9:42 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Nostlagia Proper 1947
9:45 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Fats Blows Proper 1947

9:50 PM Cedar Walton Seasoned Wood The Man I Love High Note 2008
9:56 PM Lafayette Harris Trio Talk Bolivia Airmen 2008

10:02 PM Mike LeDonne Five Live Manteca Savant 2008
10:09 PM Jeremy Pelt November Clairvoyant Max Jazz 2008

10:18 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Half Step Down Please Proper 1947 w Coleman Hawkins
10:21 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Stealin' Apples Proper 1948 w Benny Goodman
10:24 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Index Proper 1947 w Dexter Gordon
10:27 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story The Tadd Walk Proper 1948 w Tadd Dameron
10:30 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Lady Bird Proper 1948 w Tadd Dameron

10:37 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story High on an Open Mic Proper 1947 WNEW Swing Session
10:44 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Sweet Georgia Brown Proper 1947 WNEW Swing Session
10:53 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story A Night in Tunisia Proper 1950 w Bird & Bud

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR