[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Wed September 24

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Sep 24 21:45:15 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday September 24, 2008

(Dizzy Gilespie) Ow! – Blues for Dracula – Philly Joe Jones – Riverside –
OJCCD-230-2

(Nacio Herb Brown, Gus kahn) You Stepped out of a Dream – Why Can’t You
Behave – Kristin Korb – Double K Music – www.kristinkorb.com

(Warren, Gordon) I Had the Craziest Dream – Persistence – Joe Magnarelli –
Reservoir Music – RSR CD 194

(Cole Porter) Dream Dancing – Dream Dancing – Jimmy Knepper – Criss Cross
Jazz – 1024 CD

(Gerry Mulligan) Soft Shoe – California Concerts Volume 1 – Gerry Muligan
- Pacific Jazz – EMI-Manhattan/Pacific Jazz – CDP 7 46860  2

Swing Mr. Charlie – Buinny Berigan: the Key Sessions 1931-1937 – CD D 1936
– JSP 917 D

(Eddie Barefield, Buster Moten) Toby – Kansas City Powerhouse – Bennie
Moten Featuring Count Basie – Bluebird – 09026-63903-2

(Hodges) Good Queen Bess – The Great Ellington Units – Johnny Hodges –
Bluebird -  6751-2-RB

(Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh) I Must Have That Man – Lady Day: The Best
of Billie Holiday – Columbia/Legacy – C2K 85979

(Fletcher Henderson) Soft Winds – Charlie Christian: The Genius of the
Electric Guitar – Columbia – C4K 65564

8:01 NPR News

(Ronnie Matthews) Jean Marie – Tough Guys – Generations – International
Center fo the Arts

(Victor Young) Where Can I Go without You? – Dear Peg – Tish Oney –
Rhombus Records – Rho 7082

(Dave Holland) Double Vision – Pass It on – Dave Holland –
EmArcy/Sunnyside – B0011860-02

(Monk) Bolivar Blues – Monk’s Dream – Thelonious Monk – Columbia – CK
40786

(Kenny Garrett) Sketches of MD – Sketches of MD – Kenny Garrett – Mack
Avenue MAC 1042

(Raleigh, Edwards) Wonderful, Wonderful! – Newk’s Time – Sonny Rollins –
Blue Note – CDP 7 84001 2

(Antonio Ciacca) Chippewa – Rush Life – Antonio Ciacca - Motema -
MTM-00015

9:00 – 9:29 NPR Special Coverage

(Jason Jenkins) Groovin’ High – Just Hearsay – The Jason Jenkins Quartet –
www.Jenkinsmusik.com

(Frank Loesser, Arthur Schwartz) Thank Your Lucky Stars – Why Fight the
Feeling? – Rebecca Kilgore and Dave Frishberg – Arbors – ARCD 19356

(Eden Ahbez) Nature Boy – The Phil Norman Tentet Totally Live at Catalina
Jazz Club – Mama Records – MAA 1034

(Gershwin) I Got Plenty o’ Nuttin’ – Oscar Peterson Plays Porgy and Bess –
Oscar Peterson – Verve – 314 519 807-2