[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 25, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Sep 25 12:53:21 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Thursday, September 25, 2008

8:00 PM Dave Pietro The Chakra Suite Ajna Challenge 2008 http://www.umass.edu/fac/calendar/centerwide/jazz.html Jazz à la Mode series Oct. 3

8:09 PM John Stein Encounterpoint Jordu Whaling City 2008
8:14 PM Bill Heid Asian Persuasion Kimchi Bop Doodlin 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/arts/music/20sudhalter.html?ei=5070&emc=eta1 Dick Sudhalter's New York Times obituary
8:22 PM Dick Sudhalter Toasts the Songwriter Jazzmen Summer's Over Challenge 1998
8:25 PM Dick Sudhalter Toasts the Songwriter Jazzmen Oh Look at Me Now Challenge 1998
8:32 PM Dick Sudhalter Toasts the Songwriter Jazzmen It's Wonderful Challenge 1998

8:39 PM John Pizzarelli With a Song in My Heart I Like to Recognize the Tune Telarc Jaz 2008
8:44 PM Howard Alden/Ken Peplowski Pow Wow The Things We Did Last Summer Arbors 2008
8:49 PM Karrin Allyson Imagina A Felicidade Concord Jazz 2008

8:57 PM Dave Pietro The Chakra Suite Muladhara Challenge 2008 http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=10302 All About Jazz feature
9:05 PM Dave Pietro The Chakra Suite Manipura Challenge 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7DukrzUT8 You Tube clip of Pietro
9:11 PM Dave Pietro The Chakra Suite Svadhisthana Challenge 2008

9:20 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Yardbird Suite Proper 1949 w Earl Coleman
9:23 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Move Proper 1949 b. 9/24/23
9:26 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Sid's Delight Proper 1949 w Tadd Dameron
9:29 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Casbah Proper 1949 w Tadd Dameron
9:32 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Wailing Wall Proper 1959 w Don Lanphere
9:35 PM Fats Navarro The Fats Navarro Story Go Proper 1959 w Don Lanphere

9:41 PM Ray Brown Jr Friends and Family Everybody's Cryin' Mercy City Hall 2008
9:45 PM Paul Shapiro Essen Mama Goes Where Papa Goes Tzadik 2008
9:50 PM Hot Club of Detroit Night Town Blues Up and Down Mack Avenue 2008
9:54 PM Chris Flory For You Mister Goodbeat Arbors 2008

10:01 PM Javon Jackson Once Upon a Melody My One and Only Love Palmetto 2008 http://www.beantownjazz.org/ Boston 9/27
10:05 PM John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman You Are Too Beautiful Impulse 1963
10:10 PM Jim Rotondi Four of a Kind It's Easy to Remember Posi-tone 2008

10:22 PM McCoy Tyner Guitars Contemplation Half Note 2008
10:30 PM Pat Metheny Day Trip Calvin's Keys Nonesuch 2008

10:39 PM Bob Mover It Amazes Me People Will Say We're in Love Zoho 2008
10:46 PM Denise Donatelli What Lies Within I Love It When You Dance That Way Savant 2008
10:51 PM Ted Nash The Mancini Project Breakfast at Tiffany's Palmetto 2008

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR