[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Jazz Thursday September 25

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Sep 25 21:51:47 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE Public radio, archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE Public Radio
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Saturday September 25, 2008

(Benny Golson) Just by Myself – City Lights – Lee Morgan – Blue Note –
0946 3 62676 2 3

(Cole Porter) Night and Day – The Song is You: The best of the Verve Song
Books - Oscar Peterson – Verve – 314 531 558-2

(Shirley Scott) Ladyfingers – Hustlin’ – Stanley Turrentine – Blue Note –
7243 5 40036 2

(Miguel Matamoros) Lagrimas Negras – The Good Hours – Rachael Price –
Claire Vision productions

(Ciacca) Flat 5 Flat 9 – Rush Life – Antonioi Ciacca – Motema – MTM-00015

(Milt Jackson) Bluesology – Fontessa – The Modern Jazz Quartet – Atlantic
– 1231-2

(Ernesto Lecuona) Andalucia – Sherrie Maricle & the Diva Jazz Orchestra -

(Brubeck) Summer on the Sound – Jazz Impressions of New York – Dave
Brubeck – Columbia – CK 46189

8:01 NPR News

(Ellington, Bigard) Saturday Night Function / (Ellington) High Life /
(Miley, Ellington) Doin’ the Voom-Voom – The Duke Ellington Centennial
Edition: The Complete RCA Victor Recordings 1927-1973 – RCA Victor –
09026-63386-2

(Dan Heck) Blade’s Groove – Compositionality – Dan Heck – Origin Records –
82512

(Steve Million) The Company You Keep – Remembering the Way Home – Steve
Million – Origin – 82514

(Jenkins) Lime – Just Hearsay – The Jason Jenkins Quartet –
www.Jenkinsmusik.com

(Schertzinger, Mercer) Tangerine – Axiom – Bill Cantrall – Upswing

(Ellington) Drop Me off in Harlem / (Hudson) Dancing Dogs – Mills Blue
Rhythm Band 1933-1934 – Classics – 686

(Hines) My Monday Date – Apex Blues – Jimmie Noone – Decca Jazz – GRD-633

(Bibo, Little Amshel) What Can I Do with a Foolish Girl Like You?  - The
Lion Roars! – Willie the Lion Smith – Living Era – CD AJA 5272

(Maden, Lunceford) Time’s a Wastin’ – Rhythm Is our Business – Jimmie
Lunceford –Living Era – CD AJA 5091

9:01 NPR News

(Swift, James) Fine and Dandy – Glass Enclosure – Rob Schneiderman with
Charles McPherson – Reservoir – RSR CD 193

(Jay Hoggard) Sweet Potato – Soular Power – Jay Hoggard –
www.jayhoggard.com

(G. Sievier, O. Hamilton) You’re Blasé – Why Can’t You Behave – Kritin
Korb = Double K Music – www.kristinkorb.com

(Petkere, Young) Lullabye of the Leaves – Out of the Past – Art Farmer –
Chess – GRD-809

(Manuel Valera) Danzon Para Lisa – Vientos – Manuel Valera – Anzic Records
– 8101

(Wane Shorte) Witch Hunt – Speak No Evil – Wayne Shorter – Blue Note – CDP
7 46509 2

(De Lange, Van Hesuen) Darn That Dream – Now Was the Time – Harvie S with
Kenny Barron – Savant – SCD 2092

(Lionel Loueke) Benes – Cirio – Francisco Mela with Lionel Loueke - Half
Note – 4536

(Akst, Clarke) Am I Blue – After Hours with Miss D – Dinah Washington –
Verve – B0000094-02