[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 26, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Sep 26 19:06:22 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Friday, September 26, 2008
George Gershwin, b. 9/26/1898

8:00 PM Susannah McCorkle Someone to Watch Over Me I Got Rhythm Concord Jazz 1998

8:06 PM Dexter Gordon Our Man in Paris Our Love Is Here to Stay Blue Note 1963
8:11 PM Anita O'Day Anita O'Day Sings Who Cares? Verve 1955
8:14 PM Rosemary Clooney Sings Ira Gershwin Fascinating Rhythm Concord Jazz 1979
8:17 PM Sonny Criss Complete Imperial Sessions Summertime Blue Note 1956

8:24 PM Rob Schneiderman Glass Enclosure Embraceable You Reservoir 2008
8:28 PM Andy Bey Ain't Necessarily So Ain't Necessarily So 12th Street 2007
8:35 PM Benny Green Greens Soon Blue Note 1991
8:40 PM Kelley Johnson Home Love Walked In Sapphire 2008

8:46 PM Fred Astaire Steppin' Out Let's Call the Whole Thing Off Verve 1952
8:51 PM Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers I've Got a Crush on You Pablo 1975
8:54 PM Art Tatum Solo Masterpieces/Vol. 4 The Man I Love Pablo 1953

9:00 PM NPR's coverage of the Presidential Debate

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR