[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 9/26/08

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:07:07 EDT 2008

Lots of listener reaction today, centered primarily on three tracks - the
updated-traditional Irish sounds of Lunasa, the West African/blues fusion of
Afrissippi, and a reissue of a mid-60's ESP album by the New York Art
Quartet (with Roswell Rudd and John Tchicai). There seemed to be a number of
first-time listeners as well, who just called to say they liked the show in
general. I guess perhaps I've been discovered by the new crop of  Freshman?
To the list -

Sister Rosetta Tharpe with Chris Barber Band - Every Time I Feel the Spirit
- The Blues Legacy: Lost and Found, Vol. 1

Keefe Jackson's Project Project - Just Like This - Just Like This

Lunasa - Morning Nightcap (New Version) - The Story So Far

Red Molly - Beaumont Rest Stop - Love and Other Tragedies

Porkbelly - Bon Vivant - Future

Waybacks - The River - Loaded

Bob Claire - A Thousand Hills - Another Day

Eric Hisaw - Cheap Living - Nature of the Blues

Joe Iadanza - Once Upon a Time - Traveling Salesman

Roy Zimmerman - The Man, The Myth, The McCain - Thanks For the Support

Refugees - Jellico Highway - Unbound

Afrissippi - Maasina Toora - Alliance

Chico Hamilton - Autumn In New York - It's About Time ep

Michael Derling & Mia Arends - Marie - Cover Art

Jill Jack - Fallen (A Love Song) - Moon and the Morning After

Zion Train - What A Situation - Live As One

Larnell Starkey & the Spiritual Seven Gospel Singers - You Can't Turn Me
Around - The Best of the Old & New

Oldscool - Albatross - Save Me From Myself

Wendy Luck - Apanhei-Te, Cavaquinho - See You In Rio

Hilary Field & Patrice O'Neill - Er A La Vo - Siente

Bari Hyman - Speak Low - Speak Low

Lyn Sawicki - I Simply Knew - Energy Dance

Pistolera - Piloto - En Este Camino

New York Art Quartet - Sweet - New York Art Quartet

--
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"