[JPL] PLaylist WCVE-FM Jazz Friday September 26

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Sep 26 21:02:35 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Please direct CD's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesam Street
Richmond VA 23235
804 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday September 26, 2008

(Youmans, Ceasar) Sometimes I’m Happy – Milestones – Walter Bishop Jr. –
Black Lion – BLCD 760109

(Jimmy Eaton, Terry Shand) I’m Gonna Lock My Heart and Throw Away the Key
– Why Can’t You Behave – Kristin Korb – www.kristinkorb.com

(Coots, Gillespie) You Go to My Head – The Return of Art Pepper – Blue
Note – CDP 7 46863 2

(JJ Johnson) Turnpike – The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson Volume 1 – Blue Note –
CDP 7 81505 2

(Stevie Wonder) You and I – Five Live – Mike LeDonne – Savant – SCD 2091

(Dizzy Gillespie, Chano Pozo, Gil Fuller) Soul Bird (Tin Tin Deo) – The
Ultimate Cal Tjader – Verve – 314 559 702-2

(Bill Heid) Kimchi Bop – Asian Persuasion – Doodlin’ Records – DR-009

(Jobim) O Grande Amor – Tough Guys – Generations – International Center
for the Arts

(Henderson) Black Narcissus – Joe Henderson Big Band – Verve – 314 533
451-2

8:01 NPR News

(Lester Young) Lester Leaps in – Bird: The Complete Charlie Parker on
Verve – Verve  - 837 142-2

(Gershwin) I’ve Got a Crush on You – Ella: The Legendary Decca Recordings:
Ella Sings Gershwin and Others – Decca Jazz – GRD-4-648

(Kaper, Washington) On Green Dolphin Street – Rush Life – Antonio Ciacca –
Motema – MTM-00015

(Barron) Speed Trap – The Traveler – Kenny Barron – Sunnyside – SSC 3079

(Miles Davis) Drad Dog – Some Day My Prince Will Come – Miles Davis –
Columbia/Legacy – CK 65919

(John Fedchock) Touch & Go – South Florida Jazz Orchestra – Mama Records –
MAA – 1036

(Ellington, Bigard, Mills) Mood Indigo – The Good Hours – Rachael Price –
Claire Vision Productions