[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 9-28-08

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:44:50 EDT 2008

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington DC
Sundays 4-6 pm.

R.I.P. Larry Eanet (passed Sept. 13)
1) Larry Eanet-Clementine (Sunset Stomp)

2) The Blind Boys of Alabama-Down By The Riverside (Down In New Orleans)
3) Take 6 w/Aaron Neville-Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans (The Standard)
4) Taj Mahal-Hello Josephine (Maestro)

Spotlight on Upcoming Duke Ellington Jazz Festival (http://dejazzfest.org)
5) Paquito d'Rivera-Tico Tico (Tico Tico)
6) Monty Alexander-Slappin' (Live at the Iridium)
7) Conrad Herwig-Ping Pong (The Latin Side of Wayne Shorter)
8) McCoy Tyner-Greensleeves (Guitars)
9) Dee Dee Bridgewater-Compared To What (Red Earth)

10) Wayne Shorter [in town tonight]-12th Century Carol (Alegria)
11) Dave Holland-Processional (Pass It On)

12) Tuck & Patti-I Remember You (I Remember You)
13) Kristin Korb-Why Can't You Behave (Why Can't You Behave)
14) Shirley Horn-Hard Hearted Hanna (Live at the 1994 Monterey Jazz Festival)

15) Javon Jackson-One By One (Once Upon a Melody)
16) Aldo Romano-Cite Soleil (Just Jazz)
17) Ari Hoenig-The Way You Look Tonight (Bert's Playground)

18) Garaj Mahal-Semos (Woot)
19) Todd Sickafoose-Invisible Ink, Revealed (Tiny Resistors)
20) Paul Motian-If You Could See Me Now (Live at Village Vanguard Vol. 2)
21) George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com