[JPL] re: USB Turntable and Audacity software

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:00:35 EDT 2008

> Hi Eric et al ~
>
> I saw that you mentioned Audacity software in your post about recording
> from LPs etc.
>
> It is a great program which I use for a lot of recording applications, such
> as from LPs and cassettes, as well as for creating original multi-track
>  music.   Free, available from their website:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
> "Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds.
> It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other
> operating systems".
>
> Susan

I've also used it to do phone interviews, the station has a box that can be
inserted 'inline' into a phone which separates incoming and outgoing into
separate channels (for balance adjustment) and provides them in a
two-channel/stereo digital output.  That plugs into a soundcard and with
Audacity doing the capture, you can have a nice conversation and edit it up
into an interview quite easily.  Very handy .. N

--
====
Nou Dadoun