[JPL] re: USB Turntable and Audacity software - phone interviews

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Mon Sep 29 09:49:21 EDT 2008

Hello  Nou-

Wow -  that sounds like just what I need -
Can you please post or send  the specs to obtain that box?!
Although one would still hear the "phone" sound vs.  an ISDN clean connection, at least it's better than mic-ing a speaker phone (the station's current method for pre-recording a phone interview....).

Thanks very much -
Susan

=======

POSTED by
Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:00:35 EDT 2008

I've also used it to do phone interviews, the station has a box that can be
inserted 'inline' into a phone which separates incoming and outgoing into
separate channels (for balance adjustment) and provides them in a
two-channel/stereo digital output.  That plugs into a soundcard and with
Audacity doing the capture, you can have a nice conversation and edit it up
into an interview quite easily.  Very handy .. N

Susan Reeves susan at susanreeves.net
Sun Sep 28 22:25:58 EDT 2008
> Hi Eric et al ~
>
> I saw that you mentioned Audacity software in your post about recording
> from LPs etc.
>
> It is a great program which I use for a lot of recording applications, such
> as from LPs and cassettes, as well as for creating original multi-track
>  music.   Free, available from their website:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
> "Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds.
> It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other
> operating systems".
>
> Susan**Support Live Music**
Susan Reeves
PO Box 3047
Durham, NC  27715
susan at susanreeves.net
www.susanreeves.net
Straight No Chaser - 88.9 fm - WSHAfm.org