[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, September 29, 2008

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Mon Sep 29 14:01:39 EDT 2008

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Monday, September 29, 2008

8:00 PM Lester Young The President Plays Tea for Two Verve 1952

8:08 PM Nat King Cole The Instrumental Classics Sweet Georgia Brown Capitol Jazz 1945
8:11 PM Nat King Cole After Midnight It's Only a Paper Moon Capitol Jazz 1956
8:14 PM Buddy DeFranco Charlie Cat II For Keeps Arbors 2008
8:19 PM Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To Verve 1957
8:25 PM Cassandra Wilson Loverly Lover Come Back to Me Blue Note 2008

8:32 PM Lester Young Complete Aladdin Recordings Indiana Blue Note 1942 featuring Nat King Cole
8:37 PM Lester Young Complete Aladdin Recordings I Can't Get Started Blue Note 1942
8:42 PM Lester Young Complete Aladdin Recordings Tea for Two Blue Note 1942
8:47 PM Lester Young Complete Aladdin Recordings Body and Soul Blue Note 1942

8:54 PM Randy Sandke Unconventional Wisdom Chage de Saudade Arbors 2008
9:00 PM Scott Hamilton Across the Tracks Blue Turning Grey Over You Concord Jazz 2008
9:09 PM Tim Warfield One for Shirley Stompin' at the Savoy Criss Cross Jazz 2008

9:16 PM Jay Hoggard Soular Power The Little Tiger JHVM 2008 b. 9/28/54
9:22 PM Anat Cohen Notes From the Village Siboney Anzic 2008 UMass 11/7
9:31 PM McCoy Tyner Guitars My Favorite Things Half Note 2008 w Bela Fleck

The Kansas City Six, rec. 9/27/1938
9:41 PM Lester Young The Kansas City Six Way Down Yonder in New Orleans Commodore 1938
9:44 PM Lester Young The Kansas City Six Countless Blues Commodore 1938
9:47 PM Lester Young The Kansas City Six Pagin' the Devil Commodore 1938
9:50 PM Lester Young The Kansas City Six I Want a Little Girl Commodore 1938
9:53 PM Lester Young The Kansas City Six Them There Eyes Commodore 1938

  9:57 PM David Sanborn Here & Gone Stoney Lonesome EmArcy 2008
10:01 PM Willie Nelson/Wynton Marsalis Two Men With the Blues Rainy Day Blues Blue Note 2008
10:07 PM Bill Cantrell Axiom Like I Said Up Swing 2008
10:17 PM Jay Hoggard Soular Power Blues Bags JHVM 2008 b. 9/28/54

10:27 PM Bill Carrothers Home Row Off Minor Pirouet 2008
10:33 PM Ellis Marsalis An Open Letter to Thelonious Crepescule With Nellie ELM 2008

10:38 PM Conrad Herwig The Latin Side of Wayne Shorter El Gaucho Half Note 2008
10:46 PM Tim Bowen Five Step Lightly Criss Cross Jazz 2008

10:57 PM Cedar Walton Seasoned Wood A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square High Note 2008

Tuesday: Golden Anniversary: Dizzy Reece's Blues in Trinity, featuring Donald Byrd and Tubby Hayes.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR