[JPL] Newman movies music

Jason M Miller jmmiller at my.lamar.edu
Mon Sep 29 17:25:18 EDT 2008

There's nice version of "Down Here On The Ground" by The Gerald Wilson
Orchestra from the Best of the Pacific Years.

Arturo Gomez wrote:

>This week's sponsor:  MAMA RECORDS
>
>MAMA RECORDS presents modern-day jazz legend RANDY BRECKER...
>Shaping the sound of Jazz, R+B and Rock for decades, RANDY BRECKER's
trumpet and flugelhorn performances have graced hundreds of albums by a
wide range of artists...It was time for another RB-Solo recording that
came from the soul....here it is.....BRECKER IS BACK in a strong way
with a Spectacular Melodic Latin Jazz recording: ''RANDY IN BRASIL''

>National Promotion by Dr. Jazz, drjazz at drjazz.com
>
>READ MORE BELOW ....
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

>During my Lunchtime at the Oasis shift for today, besides the weekly New
>Music Monday features, I played 2 songs each hour in memory of Paul
Newman,
>music from his films, Theme from Exodus(This Land Is Mine) by Eddie
Harris,
>Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by Charles Earland(Butch Cassady & The
>Sundance Kid), Paris Blues (Pairs Blues)as by Scott Hamilton and The
>Entertainer (theme from Sting) by Henry Butler. I'll be playing others
>throughout the week.
>
>Paul played a jazz trombonist in Paris Blues and the Color of Money's
sound
>track was well drenched with blues.
>
>With the JPL, what we NEVER have here, is a failure to communicate.
>
>Arturo
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Shaping the sound of Jazz, R+B and Rock for decades, RANDY BRECKER's
trumpet and flugelhorn performances have graced hundreds of albums by a
wide range of artists...It was time for another RB-Solo recording that
came from the soul....here it is.....BRECKER IS BACK in a strong way
with a Spectacular Melodic Latin Jazz recording: ''RANDY IN BRASIL''

>Produced by Ruria  Duprat in Brasil, ''RANDY IN BRASIL'' features such
well-known Brasilian musicians as Ricardo Silveira (guitar), Teco
Cardoso (saxes/flute), Paulo Calazans (keyboards), Sizao Machado
(bass), Robertinho Silva (drums), Da Lua and Joao  Parahyba
(percussion) .... a tasty Latin production.  Choosing the material from
the files of Djavan, Ivan Lins, Gilberto Gil and Joao Bosco, Randy
includes two smokin' hot originals for a tasty Latin production.  HOT!

>MAMA is also proud to give you the South Florida Jazz
Orchestra...Produced by JOHN FEDCHOCK and directed by CHUCK
BERGERON...with Special Guests KEVIN MAHOGANY, ARTURO SANDOVAL, NICOLE
YARLING, CHARLES PILLOW, and ED CALLE, .

>The  SOUTH FLORIDA JAZZ ORCHESTRA is a modern Big Band comprised of
many of the best Jazz and studio musicians, and Jazz educators in the
southeastern part of the United States. The band's eclectic repertoire
includes original compositions and new arrangements influenced by their
diverse musical experiences in the South Florida artistic
community...it also includes, ''off the record'', the highest note
ARTURO has 'hit'...!