[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Monday Sep 29

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Sep 29 22:02:40 EDT 2008

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday September 29, 2008

(Rollins) Airegin – Art Pepper + Eleven – Art Pepper – Contemporary –
OJCCD-341-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Thou Swell – Sarah Vaughan at Mister Kelly’s – EmArcy –
422 832 791-2

(Tubby Hayes) Opus Ocean – Tubby Hayes with Clark Terry – Columbia – CK
45446

(Mulligan) Line for Lyons – Gerry Mulligan/Paul Desmond Quartet – Verve –
314 519 890-2

(Bert Joris) Kong’s Garden – South Florida Jazz Orchestra – Mama Records –
MAA 1036

(Altman, Lawrence) All or Nothing at All – Now Was the Time – Harvie S –
Savant – SCD 2092

(Hicks) Mind Wine - Mind Wine: The Music of John Hicks – The John Hicks
Legacy Band – SCD 2096

(Claude Demetrius, Fleecy Moore) Voodoo Woman Blues / (Porter Grainger,
Robbins)  T’ain’t Nobody’s Business if I Do / (Jimmy Witherspoon) Spoon
Calls Hootie – Hootie’s Blues – Jay McShann Orchestra with Jimmy
Witherspoon - Living Era – CD AJA 5667

(Burnett, Norton) My Melancholy Baby – A Man with a Horn – Lou Donaldson –
Blue Note – 7243 5 21436 2 7

8:01 NPR News

(Cedar Walton) Bleeker Street Theme – Fivelive – Mile LeDonne – Savant –
SCD-2091

(Cal Tjader) Curacao – Ultimate Cal Tjader – Verve – 314 559 702-2

(Dave Holland) Processional – Pass It on – Dave Holland – Dare 2 Records/
EmArcy – B0011860-02

(Bertoncelj) Caution! Hard Hat Area – Caution Hard Hat Area – Gasper
bertoncelj – Arabesque – AJ 0187

(Herbie Nichols) Wildflower – Herbie Nichols: The Complete Blue Note
Recordings – Herbie Nichols - Blue Note – CDP 7243 8 59352 2 0

(Mingus) Invisible Lady – Tonight at Noon – Charles Mingus – Tonight at
Noon – Charles Mingus – Label M – 9 458723

(Van Heusen, Burke) Like Someone in Love – Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers at the Café Bohemia Volume Two – Blue Note – 7243 5 32149 2 0

(Frank Loesser) On a Slow Boat to China – Why Fight the Feeling? The Songs
of Frank Loesser – Arbors Jazz – ARCD 19356

(Neiburg, Dougherty, Reynolds) I’m Confessin’ That I Love You – Charlie
Christian: The Genius of The Electric Guitar – Benny Goodman Sextet -
Columbia – C4K 65564

9:01 NPR News

(Leroy Carr) How Long Blues – The Essential Count Basie Volume 1 – Count
Basie - Columbia – CK 40608

(Coleman Hawkins) Disorder at the Border – Rainbow Mist – Coleman Hawkins
– Delmark – DD-459

(Johnson, Miller) (Johnson, Miller) You Can’t Lose a Broken Heart – Louis
Armstrong: Highlights from His Decca Years – Decca Jazz – GRD-2-638

(Bernard, black, Fisher) Dardanella – The Complete Capitol recordings of
Art Tatum – Capitol Jazz – CDP 7243 8 21325 2 3

(Traditional) Dark Eyes – Just Hearsay – Jason Jenkins Quartet –
www.Jenkinsmusik.com

(Davis) Freddie Freeloader – Tough Guys – Generations – International
Center for the

(Ellington) In a Sentimental Mood – The Gentle Side of John Coltrane –
John Coltrane and Duke Ellington – Impulse – GRD-107

(Irving Berlin) Always – Trio 64 – Bill Evans – Verve – 314 539 058-2

(Don Redman, Andy Razaf) Gee Baby Ain’t I Good to You – Blue Hour –
Stan;ey Turrentine with the Three Sounds – Blue Note – CDP 7 84057 2

(Bill Heid) Kirai – Asian Persuasion – Bill Heid – Doodlin’ Records –
DR-009

(Wilder) I’ll Be around – What Is There to Say? – Joe Pass – Pablo –
PACD-2310-971-2

(Cole Porter) I Get a Kick out of You – Carmen McRae Sings Great American
Songwriters – Decca Jazz – GRD-631